New engine build.

svt28640

Reaction score
Well my pmr motor made a nice window in the block last fall. Over the months ive gathered up parts, and finally finishing up the build. Thought id see what you guys think, or if i should add anything else. Did half filled block(moroso hard block) arp main studs, swamps girdle,polished crank, manley h beam rods, mahle standard bore pistons w/ teflon coated skirts, ceramic coated tops (calico coatings), machined bowls, .030 valve reliefs, file fit rings rotating assembly balanced an blue printed, fire ringed heads,new injector cups, valve seats, swamps stage 2 springs & retainers, swamps stage 2 push rods, fluidamper, t500/ swamps gen 3, dieselsite high volume lpop, ford oil cooler, irate wastegated turbo kit w/ billet 475, full force 400/400s. If there is anything you guys recommend lemme know. Thanks

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
If you are thinking about porting the heads I would look into putting a cam. Those are good compliments and make the turbo spool faster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svt28640

Reaction score
I considered a cam, which is why i had the pistons cut for stage 2. but had mixed reviews on if they were worth the coin. And i really wanna p&p the heads, but right now i have not.

DocBar

Reaction score
Whose cam do you guys recommend? looks like gearhead is out of stock.
If I were you, I'd call some builders that offer cams and your tuner of choice and see what they recommend. Opinions vary a great deal with aftermarket cams in a 7.3.

cbf9703

Reaction score
I considered a cam, which is why i had the pistons cut for stage 2. but had mixed reviews on if they were worth the coin. And i really wanna p&p the heads, but right now i have not.
Depends on the cam and your build.

If I were you, I'd call some builders that offer cams and your tuner of choice and see what they recommend. Opinions vary a great deal with aftermarket cams in a 7.3.
X2. Swamps tested some cams a few years back on their engine dyno... that made me rethink the old advice to just throw a cam in it.

svt28640

Reaction score
how do you guys think the streetability with a s475 an 400/400s will be. Obviously no towing an hazy.

DocBar

Reaction score
how do you guys think the streetability with a s475 an 400/400s will be. Obviously no towing an hazy.
I'd look into a 467/468 and get the best of both worlds. And you'll need lots and lots and lots and lots of tuner time with 400/400's.

Krause

Reaction score
is there info saying he is going to make 7.3 manifolds?

website says they are in Canada not too far from here

Check him out on FB MJ, look for steed speed, got some info on there. Looks like he is just doing testers right now, hopefully he releases some soon enough though.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive seen the steed speed mani's for the 7.3. Gonna be north of a grand for a set...that could mean 1200 or maybe 1800..

Need new uppipes too as the collecter is dufferent yhan stock.

Latest posts

Members online