New guy from ct

f2hatch

Reaction score
Whats up powerstroke army I'm Al. I'm big into mustangs and looking to buy my first diesel soon. To tow with and mod

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Welcome bud. We are starting to accumulate quite the group from ct. I'm from Cheshire.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Lots of good local guys here. What are you looking to buy?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

CTFFEMT

Reaction score
CT here as well. I'm looking to buy a new 5.0 soon. details on the stang?

f2hatch

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm in the meriden area ill be looking to buy either a obs 7.3 or a 6.4 I have 3 mustangs ctffemt the one I use most is a 04 cobra coupe that is under the knife getting a new built shortblock and 3.4 whipple crusher will be running e85 also. Its oxford white whith a built sold rear and built auto 4r75w. This summer I had a 76mm turbo on it looking forward to going back to a blower

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm in the meriden area ill be looking to buy either a obs 7.3 or a 6.4 I have 3 mustangs ctffemt the one I use most is a 04 cobra coupe that is under the knife getting a new built short block and 3.4 whipple crusher will be running e85 also. Its oxford white with a built sold rear and built auto 4r75w. This summer I had a 76mm turbo on it looking forward to going back to a blower

that's sounds like a fun car to drive. I want a built mustang eventually with an f2 on it, that makes around 900 to the wheels. I have both an obs 7.3 and a 6.4 and I would say go with the 6.4. dpf delete and conservative tune will put around 525 to the wheels, and around 1000lb ft of torque. then if you want to do head studs, 300hp race tune, and upgrade the atmospheric turbo your knocking on 650-700whp depending on how healthy the truck is. i would from bone to stock to 650whp maybe knocking on 700 would cost close to 3k in parts then probably another 2k or a little more for labor if you were to have someone else do the work.

f2hatch

Reaction score
that's sounds like a fun car to drive. I want a built mustang eventually with an f2 on it, that makes around 900 to the wheels. I have both an obs 7.3 and a 6.4 and I would say go with the 6.4. dpf delete and conservative tune will put around 525 to the wheels, and around 1000lb ft of torque. then if you want to do head studs, 300hp race tune, and upgrade the atmospheric turbo your knocking on 650-700whp depending on how healthy the truck is. i would from bone to stock to 650whp maybe knocking on 700 would cost close to 3k in parts then probably another 2k or a little more for labor if you were to have someone else do the work.

I do all my own labor on everything I own. I also have a windsor powered fox with a f2 procharger that goes with my screenname. I like the 6.4 and know their very mod friendly but love the look of a clean lifted obs

RSK

Reaction score
I do all my own labor on everything I own. I also have a windsor powered fox with a f2 procharger that goes with my screenname. I like the 6.4 and know their very mod friendly but love the look of a clean lifted obs

I agree, the obs look really nice, lifted, I have 2 of them actually both regular cabs, ones an f350 4wd auto the other is an f-superduty, which has the gvw of an f450 and its a dually with either 4.88 gears or 5.13 gears and its a 5spd. but the 7.3 gets expensive if you wanna go past 400-450whp because then you need to build the motor, the 6.4's can handle 700whp without building the motor. I guess it depends on how stout a truck you want, and how comfortable you want to be towing your mustangs where ever or even just driving your truck.

CTFFEMT

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm in the meriden area ill be looking to buy either a obs 7.3 or a 6.4 I have 3 mustangs ctffemt the one I use most is a 04 cobra coupe that is under the knife getting a new built shortblock and 3.4 whipple crusher will be running e85 also. Its oxford white whith a built sold rear and built auto 4r75w. This summer I had a 76mm turbo on it looking forward to going back to a blower

Nice. Good luck with your search. I have a 7.3 superduty that I built last winter at my shop in Bethany. I love the 7.3 but the 6.4's are awesome. There are nice trucks up our way that pop up time to time. Took me a year to find mine but I only bought exactly what I wanted. Keep your eyes peeled. I'll keep you in mind if I find something.

I used to play a lot of paintball up at Hogan's alley. Also rotated through Mid State Hospital as a student. I'm from Shelton.

JrStroker

Reaction score
Awesome to have ya! I used to have an 03 GT with some work done before I got my 6.4. Its quite an upgrade! Good luck finding a truck! 6.4s are bad mamma jammas

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.