New Horse Power Junkie from KY

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Even'in fella's! I have been enjoyin my first powerstroke here the last quople weeks, with that being said.. and with me being Me... Iam already looking too make this thing Rock & Roll.

Its a Bone Stock 07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat, Black w Tan insides.. Chrome 17" Factory wheels an A/T's. It is a High milage truck, but I dont think it has been run too hard as it doesnt even have a ball in the bed yet.. It shows as a previous fleet truck on the carfax. Anyways, it has 190k on it and first thing on my list is an EGR delete and Tuner.. when I bought the truck they had Just put a new EGR valve on it, That didnt last long lol The next day it Ran like ASS and I ended up takeing the EGR off and cleaning it and Ultimately left it unplugged as it is Now! (will this hurt it for the time being untill I get the delete on?) Iam still pondering what I need and where Im gonna get it from, but for now I found a stainless kit from egr-delete-kit.com for $150 too my door, any thoughts? and Iam not sure about a tuner yet.. But I have had my eye on an H&S, I like the chk engine light delete and the door chime function etc.. Also looking at SCT. I kinda want SCT just because one of the local dyno guys is an SCT dealer.. But he, as well as Myself has always raced ford cars etc. So idk how much help that would be with this oil burner.. Iam also looking at a deal on a "lot" of things from a member here, Iam not sure iff I really Need the ARP studs just yet tho.. HmmMm... :D

Future plans include.. and most likey in this order...
2.5" leveling Kit ie: front coil spring spacers
20x12" wheels an 33x13.50's (Not sure on Black or Chrome yet)
4" TB str8 pipe an 5" Tip (maybe MBRP?)
CAI (maybe S&B) and ZOODAD Mod
Quad pod an Guages

and of course..

ARP studs an Good gaskets, Then a Big Huffer!!

So what do ya'll guys think about this plan for the ole powerstroke? Any suggestions or corrections would be greatly appreciated as Iam a FORD Man.. just havent messed with any diesels till now.. Although I Had thought about putting a cummins in my 96 SB 4x4 351w truck lol!! Then I bought this CC truck in stead!!

Also, I appoligize for the Ungodly long first post lmao

STR8

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Thanks bro! Iam still new too this scene, so I appreciate any help or suggestions or feedback..

And Iam near Barren River Lake, close too Bowling Green.. about 45 minutes from the Bend

jdgleason

Reaction score
Welcome buddy. I would vote on the sinister egr delete kit. Its a super nice kit, ive installed a few. As for a tuner, sct is by far the best, and make sure to get one with some custom tunes from Eric at innovative or another custom tuner.

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Lawrenceburg huh, I used too know some mustang guys up that way from the boards an what not.. I cant remember there names tho rightoff hand lol

Iam curious if it will hurt anything by just leaveing the EGR valve unplugged for now?

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Hey I appreciate it Man an Thanks! So SCT Bar None? Have you had Any dealings with or heard anything from the H&S Black Maxx, Minni Maxx etc? I like the part where It sais I can delete the pesky seatbelt chimes lmao!! Isthe SCT live programmer capable of this also?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Hey I appreciate it Man an Thanks! So SCT Bar None? Have you had Any dealings with or heard anything from the H&S Black Maxx, Minni Maxx etc? I like the part where It sais I can delete the pesky seatbelt chimes lmao!! Isthe SCT live programmer capable of this also?

Yes sir. The best custom tuning available for the 6.0 is only on the SCT. Im sure there is decent tuning with H&S, but not the same caliber as the boys that have been doin it outta the gate. The seatbelt chimes can be disabled with instructions in the owners manual. I think you set the park brake, turn key to "on", wait for seatbelt light to shut off, buckle and unbuckle 9 times, wait for it to flash and buckle and unbuckle three more times.

STR8LINE

Reaction score
So.. Can anybody tell me if running with the EGR valve Unplugged for a while is gonna hurt anything? Is it causeing the truck too be in limp mode because the check engine light is on and is this the only negative affect?

STR8LINE

Reaction score
So does Anybody know if it will hurt anything or what the negative affects are of running with the EGR just unplugged instead of haveing a delete kit on? Could I just go ahead and buy an SCT and run the truck like this for a while with it unplugged and do the delete kit later on?

Latest posts

Members online