New HPOP but Same Results

Diabolic

Reaction score
I posted this question over at PN but haven't got any help. 97 F250 with E-Fuel, Full Force 160 inj, Tymar intake, PowerHungry TS chip. With the stock HPOP I was logging an IPR % of 65 and ICP of 1800 during wot. New CNC Fab HPOP and I still read IPR % 65 and ICP 2200. For some reason it's either not building pressure or commanding too much duty cycle. Truck does have a lazy idle and occasionally it will droop to 500 then come right back. Idle readings are IPR % 14 and ICP about 600 when hot. 3/4 throttle and 20 pounds of boost IPR is 32% and ICP is 2800.

Diabolic

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean exactly but it's the hottest setting on the 6 position chip.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Or he has a huge hpo leak. The modded pump is producing more overall pressure and arguably volume but its going somewhere. Either diagnose the head that is leaking by isolating them one at a time or just pull the injrctors and see which oring is trashed.

Diabolic

Reaction score
No oil leaking that I can see. Truck runs flawless except at wot. The injectors are new. I can try other tunes but my damn obd2 port keeps losing connection at every bump. I'm addressing that first. So a bad ICP or IPR won't cause any of these issues?

Diabolic

Reaction score
I got my Snap On working again so I'm going to go try some different tunes from 60-90 mph.

m j

Reaction score
some like he has canned tunes for stock injectors. so probably a 5ms that a stockish pump is not going to feed

Diabolic

Reaction score
The tunes were purchased from FullForce for the Stg 1 injectors. I believe they actually came from Ppwer Hungry. POS 1 heavy tow, 2 is high idle, 3 is light tow, 4 is Daily street, 5 is Race, and 6 is extreme.

Diabolic

Reaction score
Heavy tow tune IPR 33% ICP 2450, Street tune IPR 55% and ICP 2250, Extreme IPR65% and ICP 2200. On all tunes but Heavy tow it bucks badly at full throttle but no codes are set. Boost is 35 pounds.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, you got icp issues. A high pressure oil.leak isnt one that drools kn the ground. Its either an injector bleeding internally, an oring bypassing oil, or the pump isnt able to keep enough oil to maintain icp.

Diabolic

Reaction score
So swapping the ICP won't fix anything? This one has 250,000 miles on it. Pump is brand new as are the injectors.

Diabolic

Reaction score
I would like to add that the truck throws no codes, starts up on cold mornings with just a puff of smoke then settles to a 650 RPM idle. It has no day drive ability issues at all. Smokes like crazy on the race tune and cuts out at boost over 30 psi. When coming to a complete stop the idle will drop to 550 for just a split second then back to 650.

m j

Reaction score
Heavy tow tune IPR 33% ICP 2450, Street tune IPR 55% and ICP 2250, Extreme IPR65% and ICP 2200. On all tunes but Heavy tow it bucks badly at full throttle but no codes are set. Boost is 35 pounds.

the map only reads to 35psi. you need a boost fooler regulator to prevent the map from seeing excessive boost.

http://store.norgren.com/us/en/deta...thout-gauge-5-to-50-psi-outlet-pressure-range

you need tunes that match your injectors. you have oil hungry injectors and a stock HPOP (despite the BS the seller has claimed it is 100% stock)

Diabolic

Reaction score
Are you saying my CNC pump is just a stock pump? Have you had a bad experience with them? I don't see why this is so difficult to get such a mild build working well. Full Force is a reputable shop. I bought the matching chip from them. Why would they sell me tunes that would not compliment their injectors?

mandkole

Reaction score
As said, there is a leak in the HPO system. I had stock ACs in the OBS with a terminator modded pump and had no trouble getting 3000 command with TDP (Wildman) files.

Short of running a rail pressure check with a handpump, I would suggest to disable the injectors, pull the valve covers and crank the motor while watching the injectors. Look for oil bubbling up around the base and/or coming from the oil spouts. If the top oil ring or the poppets are leaking, you'll know it.

Latest posts

Members online