New injectors no start.

lzam6285

Reaction score
So I finished installing new headgaskets, injectors and studs. Truck was running when I started this job. Now it won't start. I know it takes a while but I've been at this for hours. You know how the story goes. I'm not seeing any injector pressure on my sct live wire. Is this normal since there is air in the system? Where should I go from here?

Thanks in advance.

lzam6285

Reaction score
No problem. Yes. I just put new oil in after the install and filled through the filter housing. I thought that was supposed to aid in helpin it start quicker.

Irontx

Reaction score
Shouldn't take more than 4-6 good 20-30 second cranks.... Should start ramping....building more and more faster with each long crank.... If your still seeing nothing.... Or its hanging at a certain pressure...... You have a leak....

lzam6285

Reaction score
Sorry I was out front messing with it. I've been cranking this thing for hours, multiple battery chargings. I guess I'm going to have to open it back up. I used Full Force 155s. I don't in any way think its the injectors. It's probably something I did for sure. Injector pressure 0 duty cycle .84 steady. I don't know if that helps jus thought I'd but that in.

04stroker

Reaction score
Sorry I was out front messing with it. I've been cranking this thing for hours, multiple battery chargings. I guess I'm going to have to open it back up. I used Full Force 155s. I don't in any way think its the injectors. It's probably something I did for sure. Injector pressure 0 duty cycle .84 steady. I don't know if that helps jus thought I'd but that in.

The only reason i asked about injectors is I have seen a couple remanufactured injectors lately leaking oil from the top spool valve O ring not full forces just some random big reman companys. I would put together a tool to air pressure test your HPO system. Not hard you can get everything you need from a hardware store.

lzam6285

Reaction score
Yes low pressure in the dash. Yes I did unplug the IPR and removed it to put in the updated screen. I just need time to dig back into it. It's an 03 and the IPR is on the back of the engine. You can get to it but its tight.

willholl79

Reaction score
Make sure the crank sensor is plugged in tight(the one on the pass. side bottom behind AC compressor). Don't ask me how I know.

lzam6285

Reaction score
I'll check that tonight. Thanks. I didn't mess with that but you never know. I think it some thing electrical. But what do I know. My STC says I have 0 high pressure any thing is possible but that would have to be a major leak. It has new stand pipes, IPR screen oil cooler screen, oil rail o rings. It had good pressure before I took it apart. ?????

loboost

Reaction score
Are the oil rails seated properly?

Is the engine turning over freely?

Did you torque the oil rails, stand pipes, dummy plugs?

Are the batteries fully charged? Ive seen some truck not want to crank because it couldn't turn over fast enough to ever build pressure.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Very good point about batteries being fully charged. These trucks will take a good amount of cranking to get going after what you have done. You did pull your fuel filter and let the bowl fill before you tried starting it right?

lzam6285

Reaction score
I didn't mess with that bit I will look at it to night. I think it's something electrical. I'm just going to back track and hope I missed something.

Latest posts

Members online