New problem

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
OK sorry about the delay. I found the problem it was leaking out the drain tube. I opened and closed the valve and it stopped. That wasn't bad at all I guess I lucked out on that one.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Based on my experience, these guys have provided you with all the right info. Get a tender model that you can hardwire into the truck. Then its super easy to just plug it in if you arn't going to drive it for a while. Always keep a dmm in the truck with long leads and alligator clips on the end. That way you can set it against the windshield and observe the voltage as you turn it over. Torque (or equivalent) will output system voltage, but have not actually verified it against a dmm hooked to a battery. My hard start problems last winter were from a weak starter. Starters take 15 to 20 minutes to swap out on these trucks. I bought one with a lifetime warranty and had my old one rebuilt as an emergency spare. Good cables and adding an actual ground to the starter are also good things to do. These trucks normally have self grounding units and I'm sure the mating surfaces can get corroded enough to effect current flow.

I would go ahead and order the bowl drain and orings from Riff Raff or Diesel Orings and replace them. It's just a matter of time before it starts leaking again. I went with the upgraded ptfe coated orings like someone suggested.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

psduser1

Reaction score
Based on my experience, these guys have provided you with all the right info. Get a tender model that you can hardwire into the truck. Then its super easy to just plug it in if you arn't going to drive it for a while. Always keep a dmm in the truck with long leads and alligator clips on the end. That way you can set it against the windshield and observe the voltage as you turn it over. Torque (or equivalent) will output system voltage, but have not actually verified it against a dmm hooked to a battery. My hard start problems last winter were from a weak starter. Starters take 15 to 20 minutes to swap out on these trucks. I bought one with a lifetime warranty and had my old one rebuilt as an emergency spare. Good cables and adding an actual ground to the starter are also good things to do. These trucks normally have self grounding units and I'm sure the mating surfaces can get corroded enough to effect current flow.

I would go ahead and order the bowl drain and orings from Riff Raff or Diesel Orings and replace them. It's just a matter of time before it starts leaking again. I went with the upgraded ptfe coated orings like someone suggested.

Accurate.
However, a fuel bowl ****** and it'll never be a problem again, lol.
As a bonus, your filter changes are half the cost and time.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Accurate.
However, a fuel bowl ****** and it'll never be a problem again, lol.
As a bonus, your filter changes are half the cost and time.
yeahno doubt.. it pays for itself in no time if you build it yourself..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score

Got me a battery tender not long ago.

Latest posts

Members online