New record!!

Powerstroker6.4

Reaction score
Lavon Miller wins it all!! Ryan Milliken had a nice comeback for the overall standings though too. I would've liked to Sen more outta MPD, but I guess they just didn't have enough time to get it dialed in....

Strokethis213

Reaction score
Lavon can build a damn truck it's stupid impressive

08 lmm ccsb efi, banks intake, ******d, hd tie rods

madman1234509

Reaction score
It's amazing what a few intelligent people and some ingenuity will do. What most people don't realize is just about every single part of our trucks are wayyyyy over built for anything racing, and to be competitive on that level about 90% of the factory truck needs to go. The frame, suspension/leaf springs, axles/housings, cooling systems ect. If you look at Lavons truck there is only a very small amount of the factory truck frame, and that ends under the cab. There is no reason for any of it in a race application. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't ditch the 11" rear end to race the rest of the season. Walking around rudys event it surprises me to see how many dedicated race trucks have 20 gallon fuel cells on them, not that it's a huge weight savings.... but why...

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
This^^^^^^^^

Everything as light as possible would be my approach. Anything not needed would be ditched. You already have to add enough for safety.

swinky

Reaction score
It's amazing what a few intelligent people and some ingenuity will do. What most people don't realize is just about every single part of our trucks are wayyyyy over built for anything racing, and to be competitive on that level about 90% of the factory truck needs to go. The frame, suspension/leaf springs, axles/housings, cooling systems ect. If you look at Lavons truck there is only a very small amount of the factory truck frame, and that ends under the cab. There is no reason for any of it in a race application. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't ditch the 11" rear end to race the rest of the season. Walking around rudys event it surprises me to see how many dedicated race trucks have 20 gallon fuel cells on them, not that it's a huge weight savings.... but why...
The shape of a fuel cell helps. My truck will starve for fuel at anything below an 1/8th of a tank with a sump. Now a truck that cuts a 1.4x 60ft would need even more fuel to keep it all from rushing to the back. Even more weight can be saved there. Plus driver, tcase, fuel tank, front drive shaft are all on the left side. Putting a cell in the right side of the bed will help even the weight.

It's not big savings but nothing is on these trucks. They don't go any faster with removing 40lbs. All the little stuff ads up.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jwarren

Reaction score
Congrats to Aaron he blew it way out the park on the ford camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats to Aaron he blew it way out the park on the ford camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not too shabby yourself son .. got all my friends wanting a 6.0 now. well done and nice to finally meet you.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yes, it was a very respectable finish for the level of competition that was brought there. Really pushing the envelope, not only with making power with a 6.0 but making a ccsb go fast....

Black AOD

Reaction score

Correct. They are.

Latest posts

Members online