NEW TIRES?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Alright guys its about time for some tires. I'm currently running 325/50/22 nitto trails which is basicly a 35 on 22x12 wheels. My mods are in my sig with more coming soon. My question is should I stick with the 35s or should I go to 37s. I really like the look of bricewise truck with the 37s since we have the same amount of lift but would jumping to those kill my power, mpg, gear ratio. I'm running 3.73 so if I did 37s could I throw some 4.10s in there to bring it back to where it is now?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Bumping this back up. Has anybody ever went from a 35 to a 37? How did it affect everything? Could I change my gears to be equal to what I have now.

Twan

Reaction score
If you care about power and mileage stay with your 35's. I've never had luck with gears bring anything back, just buts you back in a power band.
I lost mileage going from stock 20's to my 35x12.50R17, but I don't really care what I get. Lol.

08Monster

Reaction score
If your concerned about mileage, shouldn't have bought a truck first of all, but its really not that bad. And as for power, come on its a Ford! Its got plenty. Haha I have a F150 with the 5.4 w/ a lift, rolling on 37x13.50s with the stock gears. You wouldn't believe the mileage on the highway, but when your only turning 1500rpm at 75-80, it does pretty good. Haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jdgleason

Reaction score
I'd stick with the 35s... 37s are going to wear out front end components quicker and it's that much more stress on the drivetrain.

Since I know that you're a power junkie, the less stress and rolling resistance, the better.

atthelake27

Reaction score
Do you have a lift ncollins64? I'm looking at going with 22/35 combo also but as of now I only have a leveling kit on. I wasnt sure how bad it will rub with the wide wheels.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Do you have a lift ncollins64? I'm looking at going with 22/35 combo also but as of now I only have a leveling kit on. I wasnt sure how bad it will rub with the wide wheels.
I had 3 inch coils first and it did rub inner fender and edge of bumper. I trimmed 1 inch off the bumper and trimmed the inner fender a lil bit also. It cleared after all that but would rub when the axle was in a bind turning so I went to 4.5 coils from icon. If I would've done these coils from the start I never would've had to trim bumper or inner fender. Let me know if you need anything else.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Bumping this back up. I'm going to buy new tires in a couple of weeks. I will be sticking with a 35 inch tire also. I've narrowed it down to nitto trails or toyo mts and because my cousin can get me some good deals on both. What do you guys like and dislike about each tire and why? Thanks

ncollins64

Reaction score
I'll be staying with 35s for sure. Is anybody seeing more mileage with either tire? I'm currently running the trails and I've got about 35k miles on them and they've had a hard life. How's the noise with the toyo mts?

Latest posts

Members online