New turner coming soon for the '15

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I get it. I've had a V2 w/ Dodge and GM capabilities for a long time. But why would somebody ship off an ECM when they can have a portable unit, be able to change tunes, return to stock, and the ability to have multiple tuners tune on the platform?

look how many people are on the fence with the 13/14 Dodges... Nobody wants to bench flash an ECM on a brand new truck that may need to see a dealership for whatever reason. Never mind a Ford that has a separate TCM as well

EFI Live is awesome, but the way things are these days, you're beholden to a few tuners able to tune on the platform. IF MCC is available for the newer rigs, that would be my go-to 1/1

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
i think it would be great. I love the Mini Maxx and I would think the XRT is just as good, however I would like the data logging ability to fine tune as well as help diagnose issues would be great. I wish h&s and its new derrivitive would add data logging.

Last edited:

Radioflyer

Reaction score
^^ Nathannial being a Duramax guy I would think he has some experience with EFI

**Cough Cough** :thumbsup:

one v2 can tune a ton of ecm's for $125 per vin license.... or buy the stream and tune as many as you'd like.

they also do the auto cal which is pretty cheap.
WHS^^ Autocal's are cheap and easy little devices to use. 689 is what our standard stock trans/stock turbo DSP5 Dmax/ Level 1 CSP5 autocals go for..

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I get it. I've had a V2 w/ Dodge and GM capabilities for a long time. But why would somebody ship off an ECM when they can have a portable unit, be able to change tunes, return to stock, and the ability to have multiple tuners tune on the platform?

look how many people are on the fence with the 13/14 Dodges... Nobody wants to bench flash an ECM on a brand new truck that may need to see a dealership for whatever reason. Never mind a Ford that has a separate TCM as well

EFI Live is awesome, but the way things are these days, you're beholden to a few tuners able to tune on the platform. IF MCC is available for the newer rigs, that would be my go-to 1/1

If I'm not mistaken my 09 dodge had a separate tcm as well. Do the newer models not have them?

I'm not sure what the big deal is about the release of EFI. Great option for those that know how to tune an engine. And there are plenty that know how to as far as basics if there coming from the duramax world anyways. I did for 3 years. Time consuming but fun to dabble with.

As far as bench flashing ecm's go. It's not a big deal IF you have a spare.... I'm pretty sure I sold you my old 2009 cummins ecm. It was my spare.

Your point is taken on being careful with the tuner. But the same applies with either cummins or duramax.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
07-09 6.7 Dodges have stand alone TCM's. and EFI Live can't program them... H&S can though :D 2010-2012 have trans control integral to the engine mounted computer, but, EFI Live can't program them either (but MCC is available!)

My point is that trans tuning goes hand-in-hand with engine tuning on the Ford diesels (as it should)

I just don't see shipping/bench flashing a 6.7 Ford being a feasible solution for anybody with any ability to do a google search.

EFI Live is great, but not just anybody can tune on it the way they might want to these days.

I'm most likely buying a 6.7 next year. If I can't tune a 15 myself by the time I'm ready to buy, I'll be buying a older truck :(

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
ive sold a few of the v2's and multiple license for guys with gm fleet trucks, best bang for their buck that way .

Dzchey21

Reaction score
mcc , and Bentley's incredibly hard work, working with and opening tables , may not be exactly what EFI will open. I don't see EFI having a massive advantage over mcc , only that it is an option, with the same if not longer learning curve for the current tuners of these trucks . And any outside tuner , is gonna spend a tremendous amount of time learning the ford tables to get to where most were a while back .

you wont see me jumping ship

higherlife

Reaction score
glad i got over the learning curve with my 07 duramax. Its not as difficult as it seems. its knowing what tables to adjust and what not to mess with. Also the fear of blowing the truck up is one of the biggest reasons most didnt mess with it. If i recall correctly, at least in the duramax world, there were only 3 or 4 reputable guys that would do the tuning and a lot of people that would buy their tunes. Definitely a niche market.

IMO efi live is a great option compared to canned tunes, you can completely customize a tune that works for your truck application.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Hopefully the h&s derrivitive comes soon so the '15 and newer can get in on the same fun as the older trucks, otherwise it would leave you with hoping for something similar.

SmokeAintPower

Reaction score
Personal opinion is that if EFILive is doing this, it'll be 6 months to a year before its out...Probably 3-4 months before it's even in BETA. That's assuming they are even focusing on it right now. I've been working with EFILIVE for a long time and I've dealt with them a great deal, and I'm yet to catch wind of any of this information. I'm not saying they aren't planning on doing it...but since I haven't even heard a whisper of it from my sources, then I doubt it's remotely high on their priority list... I may eat these words in a month or two...but I really doubt it. I hope I'm wrong, because that would be really good for our market and I'd really be pleased to get my hands on it...

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
you'll likely be eating them... I've talked with a tuner who has been working on EFI for the 6.7 for a while now... months even... just not my business to discuss

Latest posts

Members online