Newer style bed on a 2006 Dually

tbrown1986

Reaction score
I've got the chance to buy a brand new take off bed from a 2015 F350. It's almost the same color as my truck. Has anyone done this yet? I searched google and PSA and can't find anything. I just wondered how well the arches of the fender wells match up. My truck is a 2006 regular cab and I think the new style bed would look awesome on it. Give me your opinion or your experience. Pictures are more than welcome!!!!

Thanks!

Buck1

Reaction score
Buddy did one on his 2000 and we thought it turned out well. Did the 05 front end conversion as well. I don't seem to have a pic on my phone.

sootie

Reaction score
bolts up perfect. lower body line is identical. only difference is the sheet metal profile over the wheel arch,

tbrown1986

Reaction score
Are the wheel well arches noticeably different? Like enough to where it looks dumb... I went ahead and told the guy Id take the bed because it was a smoking good deal. Pictures would be awesome!

Jason

Reaction score
Interested to see this. For some reason, I think the '11+ dually fenders on a regular cab, lowered a touch with some aftermarket wheels is sexy.

tbrown1986

Reaction score
Interested to see this. For some reason, I think the '11+ dually fenders on a regular cab, lowered a touch with some aftermarket wheels is sexy.

I'm not a fan of lowering but I know what you mean. I'm wanting a set of 20" eagle alloy 058 for it.

tbrown1986

Reaction score
FB4288E4-0D75-44EE-9B0D-C437D251576F_1.jpg

This is the truck I'm working with. Some may recognize it from the for sale section. I had it head studded and got some hotter Gearhead tunes. It's so fun to drive. I want to make it a little more unique.

Since this picture I've swapped the mirrors for 08 style. I also got a 08 gate and was having it painted but I think I'm going to swap the entire bed.

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
I don't mean actually lowered...maybe bring the ass end down an inch or so...or go up in the front....which is whatI did. Either way, should look sweet.

KingStroker

Reaction score
At a glance it's hard to tell it's photoshopped! I've never used the program before, how hard is it to get these results?

Btw, +1 on the '15 bed!

tbrown1986

Reaction score
That's awesome! Thanks for shopping it for me! I think it looks ok... Looks a little different. 20s will fill the fender wells a little better. It's got stock 17s now.

I wonder if it would look good with a set of PTM F450 front fender flares?

KingStroker

Reaction score
At a glance it's hard to tell it's photoshopped! I've never used the program before, how hard is it to get these results?

Btw, +1 on the '15 bed!

Lysons

Reaction score
It really isn't that hard for me, but it takes time to learn the program.
Notice it only took me 15 minutes to do the change ;)

Pffft, school didn't teach me how to do this.
Just lots of time on my hands when I was a kid, hell I taught our photoshop class in grade 9 because my teacher was a tard. LOL

Just for the record, this is the bed I used!

57900368.jpg

I didn't do a great jobs on the rims, it looks less shopped with the stock rims.

Dually-1.png

sootie

Reaction score
Dude-i wouldn't even hesitate!!! thats looks wicked!

some polished american forces and the ass end dropped an inch or so would totally complete that truck...

on edit: ptm door handles and loose the fender badges (two holes will need to be filled) and do NOT do the 450 flares on the front.

tbrown1986

Reaction score
Dude-i wouldn't even hesitate!!! thats looks wicked!

some polished american forces and the ass end dropped an inch or so would totally complete that truck...

on edit: ptm door handles and loose the fender badges (two holes will need to be filled) and do NOT do the 450 flares on the front.

I can't afford American force wheels.... So I'll have to settle for eagle alloy I guess. I've been kicking around the idea of making a a 4x4 too. My mechanic can get everything I need for a very reasonable price. When I get the bed I want to compare how close the paint matches. The paint on the 15 bed is magnetic metallic.

sootie

Reaction score
there is an awesome set of forces in the classifieds for cheap. i dont know off hand if the bolt pattern is the same.

the paint colour wont match.

if you want the 4x4 conversion parts that match your year model-hit me up. i have everything accept manual t-case and coil buckets.

tbrown1986

Reaction score
I've been PMing that guy with the American Force wheels. He responded a few time then when I asked him to sell them outright, he disappeared. Will the paint color be noticeably different? Shoot me a price from the 4x4 parts with shipping. I don't see where you're located.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.