Newton traction bars

Layson

Reaction score
Weird, never seen those before. Interesting how they neck down at the ends. Doesn't look like there is anything in the system to allow for suspension travel...?? I don't know about their product description. Kind of funny they mention "zero flex." Wonder if that means suspension travel? LOL

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
I am running a set from Newton, had them on for the 8-Lug shoot and have had no issues at all with them, as for suspension travel, I don't climb rocks so I cant say much but for 40 inch tires dead punch off the line they hold up.

If your going to be at SEMA they will be on my truck.

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
I'll be in the T-Rex pavilion, it will be outside near the main entrance, haven't been told solid location yet.

Layson

Reaction score
Should be a few sets of OUO bars you can look at as well. I am not sure where my rig will be at either. Highon20's I will have to pick up your info sometime so we can meet up :D You will have to come by and check out the OUO booth.

I am pretty sure the MBRP booth will also have a set of OUO bars.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I don't like how they go under the spring and on the axle. Bars look good and so do the mounts just don't like mount style. Also you'd be amazed how well the hiem joint style will flex.

Layson

Reaction score
They don't hang down any more than the diff or the shock mounts.

NotStock

Reaction score
Bars themselves look like they will hold up pretty well. One important question to ask them is what brand of heim are they using. Cheap heims will wear quickly and end up rattling and clanging in short order. Although they could use some cleaner lines, the function of them looks fine as long as they have the proper length for your lift size (to match spring compression arch). Two other setups to consider would be ours and OUO's. Definitely more coin but worth it in many ways if its in the budget.

Pahrump

Reaction score
I had OUOs and loved them...I had a 10" block with the adjustable top plates....they worked great and held up to MUCH MUCH abuse..but they did cost a GRIP!!!!

DocBar

Reaction score
I just installed a set of Newton trac bars on the truck in my sig. It was a pretty easy install with air tools. I'm not sure I have them adjusted just right because they sound pretty clunky on any kind of rough road. Any tips for fine tuning them?

Layson

Reaction score
There is a big thread over on powerstrokenation. I would post up over there and ask your question. I think there are a few running them over there.

Latest posts

Members online