Night driving Headlight thread

bobby9621

Reaction score
Night driving Headlight thread 2011+

I do half my driving at night and will be going with HIDs. However, I don't believe the stock lamps will project the beam effectively. I am looking for recommendations to replace the lamps and best hids.

I run HIDS on my Focus ST and love them, but I have a lamp that projects them properly.

No ideas are dumb so please post up and pics too. Hope this can be a go to thread for everyone.

je4a4udy.jpg

6azuvety.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RedRice589

Reaction score
HID's in those headlights are awesome! But kill oncoming traffic I have HID fogs and regular head lights right now I will put HID headlights back in when I get projector lenses put in next year. The fogs really help but the HID heads and fogs are phenomenal as far as light output.

bobby9621

Reaction score
I agree they can be difficult with oncoming traffic which is why I am looking for a good replacement housing. Without the proper housing the light scatters making it worse for both the driver and traffic.

Spatel23

Reaction score
projectors are the way to go if you want the best. I also highly recommend LED fogs.

Give Josh at Diesel Cartel a shout, and he can get you all the info/details needed.

bobby9621

Reaction score
I agree with projectors. Any housing recommendation?

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Modified stock housing is the best. The aftermarket ones are pretty unappealing and ricey looking

bobby9621

Reaction score
I know recon can be junk however I am going to give the housings a try with some hids. I like that the leds are replaceable and I found the housings on ebay for 522. I will post pics once installed.

mattymx

Reaction score
I have projector beams on mine. They are way better than the stock lights and I dont even have the HID's yet. Spyder is made at the same factory that does Recon. I couldn't be happier with them and plan on going HID in the near future.

Here is the video they shot of my truck for the install how to. Instructional video but it gives you a good look at the lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKA0giq278U

Last edited:

bobby9621

Reaction score
I went with recon they seem to be the same for the most part. I need to fine tune them and adjust for height and a slight vibration but love them. I put hid low and high beams. I want to install rigid led fogs and I may go with led lights down the road.

bobby9621

Reaction score
Due to the cold temps I dislike the warm up time of my hids. Does anyone recommend Leds that actually are as bright or brighter than hids?

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
In a light bar LED's are great but none of the led headlights I've see except for Hella's IMO are as good as projection Hids.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I went with recon they seem to be the same for the most part. I need to fine tune them and adjust for height and a slight vibration but love them. I put hid low and high beams. I want to install rigid led fogs and I may go with led lights down the road.

Do your low beams turn off when the high beams are activated?

bobby9621

Reaction score
Yes they turn off.

I like the out put but hate the warm up in cold temps. I am just exploring all my options.

Latest posts

Members online