Night driving Headlight thread

neverkickn

Reaction score
Yes they turn off.

I like the out put but hate the warm up in cold temps. I am just exploring all my options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Are you talking about the low beam warm up time or high beam? I guess I don't see the low beam warm up time as being that big a deal. Surely it doesn't take more than a few seconds. Now on high beams that's a different story. That's why most auto manufacturers that use low beam hid's will still use halogen high beams.

bobby9621

Reaction score
High beams are the worst. I can tolerate the low beams. I want to keep my options open for new ideas and the brighter the better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

neverkickn

Reaction score
Have you tried pulling the hid's out of the high beam side and putting the halogen bulbs back in? I bet that would be the ticket. I would also want to wire the low beams to stay lit when you activate the highs so that you minimize shutdown/startup on the hid bulbs.

I bet if you tried that the setup would be more than tolerable.

bobby9621

Reaction score
I am going to disconnect the high beams and replace them with the Halogen bulb.
As far as wiring the lows and highs together, not sure how to wire them without both being constant on. Great ideas so far!

neverkickn

Reaction score
It's probably as simple as disconnecting a jumper wire in the power distribution box or running a jumper at the back of the headlight switch. I bet recon could help you with it, assuming you sourced your parts from them.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
What are you running for the kelvin rating on the HID's?
Personally on my old GMC I had the 5000k low/hi with PIAA fogs I think they were a driving/fog combo wide beam halogen something like that (cl special). I had the 8000k for a brief period but they were way to bright for the conditions I used them in. Try staying between 4300k-6000k which provides the least amount of adjustment time from low/hi for your eyes the lighter colored eyes the lower kelvin should be run.
Just my .02 from

bobby9621

Reaction score
I bought morimoto hids today 5k and I got the jumper for 20 dollars to have the low beams stay on when the high beams are on. They are pricey but I have seen a lot of good reviews and a 5 year warranty.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I bought morimoto hids today 5k and I got the jumper for 20 dollars to have the low beams stay on when the high beams are on. They are pricey but I have seen a lot of good reviews and a 5 year warranty.

Yup, a little change, but they get rave reviews. I ordered the mini projector kit with 35w 4300k bulbs on Monday. I just called them because it hasn't shipped yet, and they said it will go out by tomorrow. Was hoping to do the install on Sunday but it looks like it will be next week.

Latest posts

Members online