No A/C No HEAT

eiorg9

Reaction score
So ive pretty much have been going through my cooling system and am just trying to figure why i dont have A/C or Heat now. Before i embarked on the task of fixing my cooling system i had both heat and A/C. Ive reaplaced all RAD hoses, my radiator, my thermostats, my water pump, fan clutch, and i did a cooling system flush due to light rust appearing on the degas bottle. Also when i replaced the water pump i did check the front cover and there wasnt any cavitation. My first water pump did all the cavitating and i replaced it at 148,000 miles and then just replaced my 2nd this past week at 160,000 due to the fins just coming off the spindle. And after the flush i had thought that i didnt happen to have something clogged bc my oil cooler was running at the correct temp but now im thinking that i may have clogged the heater core. So does anyone have any idea why my truck wouldnt be making AC.

I dont claim to be a diesel whiz so i need the help of those who are. I love to do the work myself and love taking care of my truck and this site has allowed me to do so and for that i am very grateful to all those who help!

ditch_dawg

Reaction score
Can you hear the clutch engage when you turn the A/C on? Have you checked the fuse for that circuit?

You can check by having someone listen while you just key on the truck and turn on the A/C. It will probably be hard to hear inside the cab. It should make a pretty crisp clicking sound when it does. There may be a delay so I would wait at least 30 seconds for it to try and engage.

If it does not engage, I would look at the low and high pressure switches. Maybe you unplugged one and forgot to plug it back in? If they are all still plugged in, you can try making a jumper to bypass them one at a time to see which one is faulty. It may even be the thermostat switch that goes in the evaporator....not real sure how you would get to that one to check it. I haven't dug into the dash of one these yet and don't really want too either.

Hope this helps some.

eiorg9

Reaction score
Got it fixed. Just had to add AC PRO to the low pressure coolant line and boom, she was cold as winter. Then my buddy who is a Ford diesel tech punched in a code on my heat/ac control panel and heat popped back on. Im happy to say that i now have both heat and AC

2013BAT

Reaction score
Since this tread is related to heat/AC, I am wondering if anyone might have info related to the fan not working for my 2010 F350. It has the dual zone control system and I can't find anything that has pointed me to anything other than the resistor. My best guess right now is that there is no resistor since this is electronically controlled via the dash controller. Thanks in advance for any advise. Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.