no boost trouble code

chris d

Reaction score
i just got my 6.4 two weeks ago and i already have problems right now the truck is making no boost and is giving me a P2563 Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance so i read up on it and alot of people said it was a bad ebp sensor. so i changed it and that wasnt it still the same code came back and no boost so i looked and noticed soot on top of the turbo. this problem is holding me back from deletes and tuning the truck is stock right now. if any one had the same problem or knows whats wrong please try and help.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
pull the lower CAC tube loose from the bottom of IC and see if oil is inside. Pull Map sensor clean sludge out of sensor and hole in intake manifold ( if oil is present, lower oil fill level)

chris d

Reaction score
ok i pulled the map sensor and it was a mess in there i cleaned the sensor put it back it built boost for a few minuets then stoped so i am going to try and get a new one tomorrow if its possible how can i clean inside where the sensor sits theres alot of sludge in there?

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
q-tips! pull the intercooler and wash it thoroughly with simple green. change the oil (avoid rotella), leave it 1 qt low on oil.
the sensor is prolly good, just sludge blocking it so it can't see boost
if intercooler is oil soaked, I have had success by blocking it with cardboard to raise the air temps thus allowing the oil to pass on thru.

chris d

Reaction score
Ok im going to do that now when i take the intercooler off i spray simple green inside or on the out side? Also how do i get the whole inside clean do i use a water hose?

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
lay the intercooler down on the floor, pour in a gallon of simple green then slosh it back and forth, continue to do this for a good length of time. then flush with a water hose. stand it on end allowing water to drain, may even want to blow the rest of the moisture out with shop air. harbor freight pipe brushes part# 90631 work good for scrubbing the map sensor hole. http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-tube-pipe-nylon-brush-set-90631.html

chris d

Reaction score
thanks alot for the help im going to do that tomorrow i have a harbor freight or shall i say horrible freight a few minuets away i will let you know how everything goes

Cknox121

Reaction score
q-tips! pull the intercooler and wash it thoroughly with simple green. change the oil (avoid rotella), leave it 1 qt low on oil.
the sensor is prolly good, just sludge blocking it so it can't see boost
if intercooler is oil soaked, I have had success by blocking it with cardboard to raise the air temps thus allowing the oil to pass on thru.

Avoid rotella oil?

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

chris d

Reaction score
alright so i just replaced the map sensor and cleaned out the hole where it sits i didnt take the intercooler off and clean it because i ordered a new afe intercooler which should be here monday. but to see if it was just a map sensor i took the truck for a drive same thing no power and no boost so i will put the new intercooler in when i get it but my new question is i have a new code along with the old one the new one is
P2263 Turbo/Super Charger Boost System Performance is this related to my intercooler problem or is it another problem

Latest posts

Members online