No crank, no start.

average

Reaction score
Well the first time the truck has let me down.

Lately the truck has has a miss/hesitation at light/part throttle, haven't been thinking much of it as it hasn't been long. Ordered a CPS and a ICP sensor this week as I've heard those **** the bed once in a while.

Go out to start the truck today, get the wait to start light, and when I try to start it after the WTS light goes out all I hear is one single click, can't tell where it's coming from. No attempt to crank, no nothing.

So far I've tried:

Starting in Neutral... negative
Unplugging ICP... negative
Unplugging my DP chip with keys out of the ignition... negative
Tried jumping the starter relay... negative

Batteries are good, just in case I threw my battery charger on it, set it to run and tried to crank... nothing.

My next step is the CPS, going to get to it now. I figured the truck would try to crank with a bad CPS though.

average

Reaction score
Well I checked if I was getting voltage to the top of the relay on the fender and it looks like I am, the click I hear when I turn the key is the relay.

So it's pointing toward a bad starter at this point I guess.

EDIT: Gave the starter some whacks with my BFH and now my truck magically cranks and starts right up. DAMN.

Last edited:

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
I know you said batteries are good but what kind of numbers are they at, and double check connections.

Baker42

Reaction score
Just bought a knockoff denso unit on E-bay for like 140 free shiping and is a 4KW just over 5hp. wai world power systems. Good luck

Baker42

Reaction score
Another thing to mention -You can take apart the sylinoid turn the brushes 180 and put them back in. Maybe just lost contact.

Latest posts

Members online