No heat now that its cold outside

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
the tab at the bottom of the water pump port. it helps stabilize the high water flow and reduce the bubbles that erode the metal.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
So all of the bolts on the cover are extremely over torqued, I've stripped two so far, most likely gonna have to cut the heads off and deal with the studs once the cover is removed.

Gonna try heat on the ones that aren't stripped, just need to wait till payday so I can get a torch and an extinguisher

mandkole

Reaction score
So all of the bolts on the cover are extremely over torqued, I've stripped two so far, most likely gonna have to cut the heads off and deal with the studs once the cover is removed.

Gonna try heat on the ones that aren't stripped, just need to wait till payday so I can get a torch and an extinguisher

Are you entraining air into the system? The motor is not overheating? Did you vac fill with the stat open? No hoses collapsed during vac fill? Unless this has 200K+ on it, you are really jumping ahead. Best of luck to ya...

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
Are you entraining air into the system? The motor is not overheating? Did you vac fill with the stat open? No hoses collapsed during vac fill? Unless this has 200K+ on it, you are really jumping ahead. Best of luck to ya...

Not overheating, yes vacuum filled it, all hoses collapsed. Truck has 175k, as for replacing the front cover, the cavitation is pretty bad, not through yet, but not far from it. Might as well replace it while I have it torn apart.

I totally shouldn't get the extinguisher and let it burn, but it's in my garage and I like my house 😆

mandkole

Reaction score
Not overheating, yes vacuum filled it, all hoses collapsed. Truck has 175k, as for replacing the front cover, the cavitation is pretty bad, not through yet, but not far from it. Might as well replace it while I have it torn apart.

I totally shouldn't get the extinguisher and let it burn, but it's in my garage and I like my house ��

I dont know about pulling a full vacuum that crushes hoses .. it really struggles to fill. We had issues with a big truck mfgr who had issues with their process. They had a type of a pressure fill above and below the stat and the trip across the dyno pushed the remaining air out. Getting some heat tells me that you are getting some water movement.

Nah, not worth the fire.. although Id be thinking about it. :thumbsup:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Anytime I pull vac every hose collapses. Never have an issue

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
since its getting to where im having to replace a bunch of other crap i decided to replace the heater core too, how do i know if i need the heater core with or without the supplemental air heater?

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
Ordered the front cover, gaskets and seals, and a heater core, if this doesn't fix it I will lose my f'ing mind

Jomax

Reaction score
Ordered the front cover, gaskets and seals, and a heater core, if this doesn't fix it I will lose my f'ing mind

Still wasn't worth bringing it to a good shop to diagnose it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
Truck is in pieces, when it's back together if I'm still not getting heat I'm most definitely taking it to the dealer

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
FWIW, I am a mechanic, just not a ford mechanic
I've owned VWs for years and can fix anything on them gas or diesel.
I have 3 VWs and a Nissan Frontier, so fixing the truck is just a way to kill time, I drive my diesel jetta daily

Jomax

Reaction score
FWIW, I am a mechanic, just not a ford mechanic
I've owned VWs for years and can fix anything on them gas or diesel.
I have 3 VWs and a Nissan Frontier, so fixing the truck is just a way to kill time, I drive my diesel jetta daily

Ah.... makes sense now. Never mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
i find it hard to believe there are no threads for removing the dash on a 08-10 f250, same with replacing a heater core.

there has got to be a way to remove the heater core without actually removing the dash....i swear every engineer is a moron, why would they change how the heater core is installed?

michaelite

Reaction score
Sounds like you volunteered to write one up :thumbsup:

I do hope this solves your problem though.