No limit stage 2 intake NO GOOD?

Reaction score
what a joke.

I was not implying that the intake is a risk in itself..... Calm down.

Anything you change from factory to raise hp against the factory warranty is taking a risk is it not? I'm pretty sure that's generally accepted and known.. Every performance part we make is intended to do something different than factory. I don't think I'm wrong in that statement.

I would much rather just have the codes shut off. It's a hassle. But if someone wants they can buy elsewhere for their tuner than KEM. I totally understand and agree. I'm not saying either is wright or wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned there is no problem with the intake. I have them on all my trucks. I would not hesitate to put one on anything. But in stock form or with some tuners it will throw a code. Which can be shut off with plenty of different options, includ by his existing KEM tuner. It just requires custom tuning and KEM requires a waiver with ALL custom tuning.

The intake will NOT hurt your truck. So don't confuse that with what I said.

johnp115

Reaction score
And you just have to think logically about what "risks" you're taking with a higher flowing intake..... lol

The risk is more hp. Woo.

The current tuning is designed to work around certain maf readings. You change the tube size and the maf readings change also. So theres your code. Sounds like KEM is just trying to keep their ass covered in every possible way which is definitely understandable.

So either get the update done or just don't run it.

Reaction score
And you just have to think logically about what "risks" you're taking with a higher flowing intake..... lol

The risk is more hp. Woo.

The current tuning is designed to work around certain maf readings. You change the tube size and the maf readings change also. So theres your code. Sounds like KEM is just trying to keep their ass covered in every possible way which is definitely understandable.

So either get the update done or just don't run it.

Yes, I don't think a cold air intake is the same as running dual fuelers on a stock bottom end. Lol. You have to know what your doing. But a no-limit cold air intake is about as harmless as gaining 1mpg and putting money back into your pocket...

NathannialD

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree it would be easier if all tuners were setup to work with every part from the beginning. But I also can understand KEM playing a little cover their a**. They can do anything you want, but deviation from basic stuff requires a custom tune modification waiver. It is what it it's. To some people it is a factor that is too inconvenient and will push them to buy someone else's tuning. KEM knows that and is ok with it from my understanding.

I don't know everything about what it affects. Either you want it and the performance and are willing to take the risks to get it, or leave it stock.... That goes without saying for any modification in a truck.

I wasnt at all bashing or anything, i was just trying to clarify there would be no issue with the options stated. We all know basic tuning covers most stuff but once you start getting parts that offer the best performance its ideal or usually necessary to get a tune tailored to the specific parts.

I was also trying to somewhat explain all that is being done on the tuning side of it, thats all.

Reaction score
I wasnt at all bashing or anything, i was just trying to clarify there would be no issue with the options stated. We all know basic tuning covers most stuff but once you start getting parts that offer the best performance its ideal or usually necessary to get a tune tailored to the specific parts.

I was also trying to somewhat explain all that is being done on the tuning side of it, thats all.

Exactly, I agree. No argument here.

jbair14

Reaction score
I have KEM tuning and a No Limit intake on my '15 that I've been running for the last 5k miles. I haven't had an issue or CEL, is there a reason some people have issues, and some don't?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
the worst part is the fix is so ***ing simple its crazy. there are mass air flow tables that you just need to rescale for the 5 inch pipe. Its crazy to me and that is not a "bandaid" of a fix that's all you have to do.

I could see maybe causing an issue with the transmission like on a duramax that uses mas air flow tables to adjust pressures in the transmission but 6.7s don't respond the same... un real

NO YOU DID NOT WAIST ANY MONEY! once you get the truck tuned right you will notice even MORE throttle response

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
the worst part is the fix is so ***ing simple its crazy. there are mass air flow tables that you just need to rescale for the 5 inch pipe. Its crazy to me and that is not a "bandaid" of a fix that's all you have to do.

I could see maybe causing an issue with the transmission like on a duramax that uses mas air flow tables to adjust pressures in the transmission but 6.7s don't respond the same... un real

NO YOU DID NOT WAIST ANY MONEY! once you get the truck tuned right you will notice even MORE throttle response

unreal is right. good thing pip got it right a long time ago .

Noah_

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'll get with KEM and get it straight

Latest posts

Members online