No Limit stg2 intake install

BigRed97

Reaction score
I picked up a No Limit stg2 intake (used)from a memeber here.
Just insyalled it and i want to make sure I have this sitting correctly since it's touching in a few spots. The tube is rubbing on the hood(on one of the support braces) an area about .25in square and it's touching the secondary coolant res.
Oh and the MAF sensor plug was sitting on the AC line, i gently bent the line away as much as I was comfortable but it's still precariously close

I played with it a few times getting the same result...just seems to be where it wants to sit.
Am I missing something?

20170409_181631_zpsczs6rmbl.jpg

20170409_181650_zpslx4zmekg.jpg

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I picked up a No Limit stg2 intake (used)from a memeber here.
Just insyalled it and i want to make sure I have this sitting correctly since it's touching in a few spots. The tube is rubbing on the hood(on one of the support braces) an area about .25in square and it's touching the secondary coolant res.
Oh and the MAF sensor plug was sitting on the AC line, i gently bent the line away as much as I was comfortable but it's still precariously close

I played with it a few times getting the same result...just seems to be where it wants to sit.
Am I missing something?

20170409_181631_zpsczs6rmbl.jpg

20170409_181650_zpslx4zmekg.jpg
Its SO Big,it fits tight.I know,that was mine!

BigRed97

Reaction score
Im mostly concerned about the plastic coolant res...were you able to get it to clear on your truck?

ChitownPS

Reaction score
Mine rubs the hood also. But it's laziness on my part. I think if you try rotating the rubber coupler and the tube you should get it to clear better. You will have to just keep messing with it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Sheesh that is tight, almost makes me want to go stg 1 just for clearance sake.

Anybody that has had both and wants to give their thoughts on just tuned trucks?

ChitownPS

Reaction score
I haven't had both, but I love my stage 2 kit! And the whistle from the turbo is sex to my ears:)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
It took me a while to get mine situated correctly. I used a generous amount of soap on the boot so i had the freedom of rotating it without much effort. I can honestly say-mine is rubbing nowhere now.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It took me a while to get mine situated correctly. I used a generous amount of soap on the boot so i had the freedom of rotating it without much effort. I can honestly say-mine is rubbing nowhere now.

we usually recommend windex but either way, it has to be clocked. its tough without lubrication in the boot. the goal is to get the height out of it. it rubs on the highest point. clock it to match the bend in the secondary coolant tank. it will fit.

cappa

Reaction score
Rotating the boot fixed mine. I thought it was always going to rub the hood, then someone here said to clock the rubber boot and that fixed my issue.

Latest posts

Members online