No start after injector/hpop install

SDstroker

Reaction score
Just put stock injectors and hpop back in. Injectors are suppose to have came out of a running truck. Hpop is good. Ran fine as a spare. Lp res fills up fine. Oil in the rails. Ran a buzz test and passed. I get about 150 psi in the hpop rails, so not. Enough to fire the injectors. Am I correct in thinking I have a bad ipr? Tach moves and fuel bowl fuse is good. Trying to see if I'm over looking something.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

neverkickn

Reaction score
Assuming you have already cranked it long enough that it should be building pressure by now. Can you throw a spare ipr on it quicker than you can watch the injectors while cranking?

SDstroker

Reaction score
I tried the two spares I have. Took one apart and cleaned and reinstalled it, still nothing lol. Normally it takes just a couple mins of on off cranking to fire. I get no smoke out the exhaust which I assume means the injectors arnt firing. I wouldn't think both iprs would be that sticky to not build pressure. The solid red and yellow with red tracer are the ipr pig tail? Just making sure.

dsberman94

Reaction score
UVCH all hooked up? you say no smoke out the exhaust. seems like a UVCH issue where the injectors aren't getting the signal.

thuglike

Reaction score
Smoke out of the tailpipe while cranking?

If so.....just let it crank til it fires, it can take a real long time

ghohouston

Reaction score
Dude, if you replaced your hpop and injectors at the same time, there is A LOT of air in your h.p.o. system. Best advice, keep filling the res, and pull your icp sensor, and with a small funnel, pour fresh motor oil into the rail, sometimes an air pocket forms in the oil rail, and this usually gets rid of it. Double check your ipr is plugged in, and everything else you unplugged. Did you re install the 3/16 allen plugs in the oil rails under the valve covers? Make sure your batts have a good charge on them too

ghohouston

Reaction score
Also, some good advice that took me a while to figure out, dont sit there and let your glow plugs cycle in a situation you know theres gonna be a lot of cranking, because you need all the juice from your batts for all the cranking. Just go for cranking when you turn the key

SDstroker

Reaction score
Dude, if you replaced your hpop and injectors at the same time, there is A LOT of air in your h.p.o. system. Best advice, keep filling the res, and pull your icp sensor, and with a small funnel, pour fresh motor oil into the rail, sometimes an air pocket forms in the oil rail, and this usually gets rid of it. Double check your ipr is plugged in, and everything else you unplugged. Did you re install the 3/16 allen plugs in the oil rails under the valve covers? Make sure your batts have a good charge on them too

I know this. It isn't my first swap of both. I did pull the icp sensor and a brass plug on the passenger side rail and added oil. I never took out the Allen screws. I just suck the oil out with a straw and turn the motor over by hand with the glow plugs out.
What should I be seeing of icp on cranking. I'm obly getting about 150 psi

ghohouston

Reaction score
At least 500 to fire the injectors. And I wasnt trying to make you sound dumb, I just didnt know if it was your first time or not lol. And pulling the allens in the oil rail make for a lot less oil falling down into your cylinders. Pull them before you pull the injectors and let them drain for 5-10 minutes.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Ill try it tomorrow. I cranked for a good bit today. Got. New batteries. I just haven't had to crank this long before and still get no signs of life.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I personally dont think it should take that much. I put three motors in trucks and if the lpop is doing its thing there wasnt much drama. Lot of cackle and bs but after a ten min idle the game.changes and gets better everytime.

Unless you're having ipr issues.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Do hou have a scangauge or something to monitor ipr.dc%? Seems like they like to linger around 9% when they are.sticking.

SDstroker

Reaction score
I took the hpop line off the head and it's more of a bubble out. I guess I was expecting more of a gush and make a big mess.

Latest posts

Members online