No Start- Low ICP

dthompson

Reaction score
Ok, long story short, I bought this 02 that supposedly had a "blown headgasket". Well, there was fuel in the coolant and the story sounded like a similiar one that ended up being cups. So I pulled them, and some come out with the injector, the rest came easy. Got it back together, and it won't run. Been sitting a year. ICP takes awhile to come up, and never gets higher than 30 at 65% duty cycle. Put new cups and injectors in. Any ideas where to begin now? Thanks guys.

dthompson

Reaction score
Yes, they are. Going to start today with making sure the Hpop res. is full. Been doing a little research try to figure this out. Looks like maybe the IPR? Maybe pull the valve covers and make sure no obvious oil leaks? Just looking for someone that has had a similar issue. I've never dealt with many HPO issues, so just looking for suggestions. Thanks

dthompson

Reaction score
Correct. I've not ever seen it running. I bought it non-running. Replaced all 8 cups and all injector orings. I've cranked on it forever. I've had several sets of injectors out, and I'd say I've cranked it 2-3x longer than I ever have before. With my AE hooked up it cranks quite awhile then will get up to 20-40 PSI of ICP.

ghohouston

Reaction score
tried unplugging the icp sensor and cranking? checked the ipr tin nut/ pigtail? made sure the ipr harness and ebpv harness werent switched around?

dthompson

Reaction score
I unplugged the icp, no start still. My plan is to check the IPR tin nut first thing today and go from there.

ghohouston

Reaction score
do that. not insulting you, but just give the engine a once over, check all the sensors are plugged in, like i said, verify the ebpv and ipr harnesses didnt get swapped around. check your engine oil level, etc... and how fast does it crank over? i would think after sitting for over a year, it probably needs a new set of batteries

dthompson

Reaction score
Yeah, I've swapped the batteries, and ran the new ones dead and recharged them. It cranks nice and fast. Going to start by checking oil level in both pan and the HPOP res. Also looking at the nut. I will check on the connections. Any way to tell for sure that it's the right pigtail in the IPR? Specific wire colors?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I don't know on the colors... its usually pretty obvious if the two are switched around though. The ebpv harness will barely reach the ipr, like the harness will be stretched tight as hell iirc. You could always swap the two around and see what happens if youre not positive

dthompson

Reaction score
Ipr nut is on. Oil is full. Looks like the wires are right. Pulled a plug on passenger side oil rail. Oil came out. Cranked and oil came out but not with alot of force. What now. Match and gas? Lol!

mandkole

Reaction score
how long have you been cranking? est starter on time? The injectors were out and the rails emptied.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Do you have another IPR?
Every time a truck comes in with a No-start after opening the oil system I automatically check the IPR. It takes just a tiny piece of debris to stick.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Pull ipr and push the plunger in and out with a dinky screw driver. try that in the mean time while wating to get a new one... just might help enough to fire. Worth a shot unless you cut a few orings on the injectors on install...

live life full throttle

psdguy95

Reaction score
You could try full fielding the ipr ( giving it direct power and ground ) and see if it will start. That will give you full injection pressure out of your pump.

TyCorr

Reaction score
How do we know the hpop is getting oil. Sitting for a year wouldnt the lpop have lost its prime?

Jack the ass end up and make sure it full not just above add.

Latest posts

Members online