No start need help

devon_344

Reaction score
F250 ccsb truck is deleted (egr,dpf)and running airdog.
Dropped truck to have washed and detailed later they call me saying it won't crank so I go to see wth.
When u turn the truck on fuel pump comes on "I do still have it wired to the fuse box" when the glow plug light goes off then the security lights up and get several msgs on the dash . So I tried to pull the codes using the dashdaq said no response try again with key on. So I go ahead and clear the codes and still nothing so I jump it of using the wire next to passenger battery. And limp the truck home.
Today I checked the fuses one 30 amp fuse for trailer battery charge relay was bad replaced still same and have checked inertia switch in passenger side dash.
Any help or advise will be appreciated

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Wont turn over. He did the jump the starter deal and was able to drive it home. He told me that the only gauges that work is the fuel gauge and maybe the speedometer IIRC. (I think the radio, power windows, and other things work though). I think the information screen works also. He has no gear selector light also and I think he said that it wouldn't shift out of first or second on the way home after he jumped it.

I'm relaying this information off the top of my head trying to remember what he said exactly over the phone but maybe he will chime in and clear it up but for the most part I think I'm right on all the above.

Last edited:

78f100

Reaction score
It sounds like a ignition switch issue or pats but not sure. I have a spare PCM and ids if you can't get it figured out. I'm not too far from you.
Does the security light continue to flash when you are trying to start it?

devon_344

Reaction score
It won't even try and turn over.
When I jumped it and drove it home the fuel gauge was working radio , windows,doors, work. No other gauges and no gear selector and tranny did not shift .
The message screen on the dash was going theu the msg sequence like when u program a truck.

The security light start flashing when u turn the truck on and once the glow plug light goes off it starts flashing and the whole time I drove it home it flashed

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
WHS

I would unplug, clean, and reseat the two connectors at the ECM

if that doesn't get it, I would do the same for the connectors at the driver's fender well

devon_344

Reaction score
No they just cleaned the outside I checked the two plugs on the passenger side but didnt see the ones on the driver side
Also tried to retune and programmer isn't showing tunes anymore

78f100

Reaction score
Do you have your tunes saved on a pc? If so reload them to the tuner and try retuning it.

devon_344

Reaction score
Okay I cleared the tunes off the sd card and loaded the ones off the pc back onto the card . When I go to load tune it is still empty . But when I go to vehicle info it is showing up the correct info as far as the truck vin, tune I was running, and spartan strategy
I tried pulling codes using my mini max but nothing comes up.
So what to try now. Lol
About to give up and take to dealer

Latest posts

Members online