Non ebpv pedestal question

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm going to be putting a batmowheel and 1.15 housing on my 38r, I was Also going to buy a non ebpv pedestal as well but my current pedestal is almost brand new, So I mean there would be no real other reason to swap the pedestals besides getting rid of the rod and all right? I could just gut this one or wire the rod open or whatever needs to be done right? Just trying to save myself $120 that could be put towards other things

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
I just pulled the electrical connector, and left the rod hanging there. It can develop an oil leak, mine hasn't yet, but you can get by without a new pedestal until you have the funds. Or you can gut the one you have and shouldn't have to worry about a leak.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
This thing is seriously almost brand new, before I realized I could delete it I bought a brand new one from ford, I figured I would be ok but every time I figure on something it's usually the exact opposite

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
I agree sell yours and more than pay for a non ebpv one. Some people want to keep it workin and even just a rebuild kit is like $100. I am sure yours cost way too much to gut.

ToMang07

Reaction score
This thing is seriously almost brand new, before I realized I could delete it I bought a brand new one from ford, I figured I would be ok but every time I figure on something it's usually the exact opposite

Well... if you want to cut one up... I have an EBV pedestal that is in good shape, (it's dirty due to EBV leaking) and it's missing the electrical plug. (You would have to swap yours in, probably with new o-rings.)

Send me an offer/PM if you want it. It's just taking up space.

Lowdown89

Reaction score

Well... if you want to cut one up... I have an EBV pedestal that is in good shape, (it's dirty due to EBV leaking) and it's missing the electrical plug. (You would have to swap yours in, probably with new o-rings.)

Send me an offer/PM if you want it. It's just taking up space.

I could hardly give the ebpv pedestal away that came off my spare motor and it was in good shape( I kick myself for not keeping it) so I wouldn't want to lowball you when you could sell it to someone who might actually need the ebpv and wants to fix it, the more i think about it I'm probably just going to buy the non ebpv pedestal to make for less clutter I was just trying to save a few bucks since there's so much else I'm trying to get and thought this would be an easy way to save some cash

Lowdown89

Reaction score
The batmowheel is comming from bullseye, they say mid to late part of this month and they will be ready for the 38r, as they already have a stock 7.3 turbo batmowheel out... The housing is going to hopefully come from riffraff I bought my 38r from them and had the exhaust housing ceramic coated amd clay says he has the 1.15 housing on his truck that I'm going to swap for my housing plus cash for his housing... If that falls thru I have no idea I know beans did have a few of the housings a couple months ago but Im unsure if they still do

ToMang07

Reaction score
I could hardly give the ebpv pedestal away that came off my spare motor and it was in good shape( I kick myself for not keeping it) so I wouldn't want to lowball you when you could sell it to someone who might actually need the ebpv and wants to fix it, the more i think about it I'm probably just going to buy the non ebpv pedestal to make for less clutter I was just trying to save a few bucks since there's so much else I'm trying to get and thought this would be an easy way to save some cash

I'm not worried about it, either way. Mine is never going back on, regardless. I just figured you wouldn't want to cut up a new one, lol! :axe:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Just get the non complex one and sell that other pos. That rear bolt thats a bitch kitty to get to? It isnt once you ditch the valved ped. I tossed mine a year ago when the 38r went on. I had my rod unhooked dangling for 8months and it started leaking. Syonara!

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Yeah I think I had pretty much made my mind up after I first posted lol...
I knew the answer, I was just waiting for everyone to say don't worry you will be fine haha so yes I will be ordering a non ebpv pedestal

TyCorr

Reaction score
Oh ok, I didnt know if some one had some in stock or something. I heard the same about Beans too

So much cleaner, sleek looking. Easier to work and see around. Its only a hundred bucks was my justification.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking.... I was kinda thinking the $100 would go towards some of the other parts but this Shpuld be the last time the turbo is out for a while so I might as well get the pedestal and be done with it

Latest posts

Members online