Non-VGT Turbo Install

Bullet 21

Reaction score
What all do I need to pickup locally before I start installing?

I have the MPD Budget Kit with 363sx-e and full piping kit. Also plan on doing the EGR at the same time.

New coolant - 5 gallons?
Oil and Filter,

Anything else? Gaskets, etc?

Last edited:

Notneb

Reaction score
I'd use penetrating oil, depending on the miles on the truck, WD-40 might not cut it.

Stokt

Reaction score
I used PB Blaster twice a day when the truck was hot for about a week before hand and the bolts came right out on my three year old truck.

The bolt on the back of the egr is a b*tch to get to. I bent a 10 mm (I think) open end wrench to about 90 degrees in a vice and used that. Patience and beer.

Notneb

Reaction score
I used all the extensions and swivels I could find, gave up and used a shorty wrench and a lot of cussing...

Bullet 21

Reaction score
I broke the EGR bolts loose about 4 months ago when I ordered all of the parts from No Limit. I soaked them in Kroil for a few days with a couple heat cycles in between...then sprayed them before a long trip, when I got back I was able to break them right loose while the engine was hot. I pulled them, cleaned the threads and coated with antiseize and reinstalled.

I hope they will come out fairly easy now....but like I said, that was 4 months ago. The truck is a 2011 w/ 83k.

MPD says the kit includes all needed gaskets, looks like I need to stock up on beer, a few wrenches that I don't mind bending, coolant, oil, and a filter.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Chicken broth would work also.... but we don't recommend it. We recommend using a high quality penetrating oil. Such as KRoil or knockerloose.

who is WE ? things are starting to make sense !

Bullet 21

Reaction score
I'll stick to Kroil!

Picked up 6 gallons of concentrate motorcraft orange today. Hoping to tackle on Saturday.

Bullet 21

Reaction score
I checked my manifold bolts and they were still easy to break loose! I'm going to tear it apart in the morning, hope to have it back together by tomorrow afternoon.....looks like it should be fairly straight forward other than getting the turbo out.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
who is WE ? things are starting to make sense !

We. Me.

I was poking. And there's nothing to make sense unless your getting preconceived ideas.

I just find it funny a professional shop like yalls would recommend wd40.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
We. Me.

I was poking. And there's nothing to make sense unless your getting preconceived ideas.

I just find it funny a professional shop like yalls would recommend wd40.

thanks man, maybe you should write a book .

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
thanks man, maybe you should write a book .

Right after you big boy.... did you need me to send you my resume before I post from now on....

It's starting to make sense to me know also!! (Why nobody posts here anymore)

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Somthing wrong with recommending something that works and is available just about anywhere?

Knockerlooose is readily available at any NAPA. Others recommended PB blaster.

If one can get his hands on KRoil you wouldn't regret it ever.

Such a sensitive group!! Apparently nobody can remotely take a small does of poking or humor anymore... go reread my original post where I "corrected" all in good humor. But bless the gods of performance if anyone makes a post and they have a "sponsor" title it must be GOLDEN and not reckoned with!! LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.