NON VGT turbo kits.

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
I'm NOT trying to start a turbo war amongst different shops, or PSA members who have purchased different kits..... Naturally people are going to have different opinions.

I've been researching NON-VGT turbo kits from H&S, and Maryland.

I CANT DECIDE which to buy....

interested in EVERYONEs opinion in regards to pros/cons, benefits/drawbacks on these two kits.

From packaging, instructions, fit-meant, quality of parts, drivability, horsepower, etc, etc, etc.

anything anyone wants to list about either kit is appreciated!!

sootie

Reaction score
well...for the things you mentioned, H&S would be a no brainer.

if you decide to do a vgt, there are other options.

i see you have not mentioned price...go with H&S.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I think the biggest difference between the two is cost...

The H&S you will likely notice a little more attention to detail

The mpd kit saves a good amount of money and still does a good job

Last edited:

gcowart140

Reaction score
i just installed marylands budget kit. Over all Im very happy with it. It could use a good set of instructions but there are plenty out there. The intercooler pipe wasn't the best fitting thing and had to clearance the stock intake manifold a little but nothing major. I went with the s366 and its not really laggy at all. Im very happy with the way it drives running hs tunning the s366 and stock fuel vs stock turbo s partan tuned junk.

FORD-DNA

Reaction score

Thanks for the link.Not sure how I missed this thread. Tons of great info.

Something else I don't understand is the huge difference in claims of different turbo kits HP levels...

I have a 2012 stock fuel pump.. Some people say a 2015 pump will get me to the 600 hp level while some say it won't. Is this TRUELY just a case of different dynos give different HP numbers???

600-650 is the goal... I don't plan on more power then that at this point in time.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
give me a call , i can explain all your options in detail , and we sell all available kits , and supporting mods for such power .

jcain

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.Not sure how I missed this thread. Tons of great info.

Something else I don't understand is the huge difference in claims of different turbo kits HP levels...

I have a 2012 stock fuel pump.. Some people say a 2015 pump will get me to the 600 hp level while some say it won't. Is this TRUELY just a case of different dynos give different HP numbers???

600-650 is the goal... I don't plan on more power then that at this point in time.

Some say they have achieved 650rwhp on a 15 pump and a 64 to 66mm non vgt. Fact of the matter is, stress that pump long enough, or drain the rails enough times and it'll eventually give up. Why run something at or near 100% when you can spend a little more and have a large reserve built in for now. And have plenty of fuel later when you get the itch again and have to do duel fuelers anyways.

I'm more than satisfied with my "little" 64mm non vgt H&S turbo kit. I had a stock 2015 turbocharger at one point and I wish I had skipped that setup all together.

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
Some say they have achieved 650rwhp on a 15 pump and a 64 to 66mm non vgt. Fact of the matter is, stress that pump long enough, or drain the rails enough times and it'll eventually give up. Why run something at or near 100% when you can spend a little more and have a large reserve built in for now. And have plenty of fuel later when you get the itch again and have to do duel fuelers anyways.

I'm more than satisfied with my "little" 64mm non vgt H&S turbo kit. I had a stock 2015 turbocharger at one point and I wish I had skipped that setup all together.

When you first installed your h&s turbo kit how often did you drop rail pressure or max the pump( before you did dual fuelers)Did it happen often??? What happens when rail pressure drops, other then noticing it on your mini max??

Last edited:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Rail pressure has nothing to do with the turbo, just how hot of a tune you run.

If you plan on running some of the larger tunes to have fun with your new turbo you may as well go dual fuel.

When you run your stock pump maxed out its more stressful on the pump, when it can't produce the desired rail pressure you get poor fuel atomization and you start to lose power.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I've got the MPD turbo kit with the S367.7 and I couldn't be happier. Stock fuel, drives great, EGTs stay in check easily..
You can't go wrong with either kit. I'd personally get the S369. That's the turbo I will most likely end up getting and staying with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
Rail pressure has nothing to do with the turbo, just how hot of a tune you run.

If you plan on running some of the larger tunes to have fun with your new turbo you may as well go dual fuel.

When you run your stock pump maxed out its more stressful on the pump, when it can't produce the desired rail pressure you get poor fuel atomization and you start to lose power.

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up.

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
I've got the MPD turbo kit with the S367.7 and I couldn't be happier. Stock fuel, drives great, EGTs stay in check easily..
You can't go wrong with either kit. I'd personally get the S369. That's the turbo I will most likely end up getting and staying with.

Who's tuning are you running? Any issues with rail pressure when you stomp on it???

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Started out with MPD, too smokey for my liking. So I went back to GH tuning and love it. And with MPD tunes on performance on the mini maxx it was dropping rail pressure a little so I put it on street and left it there. As for the GH tunes I can't remember if it would drop rail pressure on performance. I'll update that tomorrow.

bdm1981

Reaction score
I purchased the ATS Aurora 4000 kit for mine. Have had it on for about a week and absolutely love it. Of course it doesn't have all the bells and whistles the H&S and MPD have. I'm running my stock intake right now but plan on later on changing that. Pretty simple to install. Just takes some time and patience. No lag and hardly any smoke at all. Stock fuel. Just my experience...

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
i just installed marylands budget kit. Over all Im very happy with it. It could use a good set of instructions but there are plenty out there. The intercooler pipe wasn't the best fitting thing and had to clearance the stock intake manifold a little but nothing major. I went with the s366 and its not really laggy at all. Im very happy with the way it drives running hs tunning the s366 and stock fuel vs stock turbo s partan tuned junk.

Have you tried the updated tuning with the delayed shift timing and enhanced converter lock-up? You may find you really like it with the s366 you are running. We are also offering custom tuning now, which will be needed with the non-VGT charger. Just a few things to think about before calling our tuning junk.

anth

Reaction score
Another vote for MPD turbo kit running the s365 stock fuel for now dual fuel on its way rite now. Also running Craig's motor and transmission tuning. Runs great only drained the rails once and it scared the chit out of me so I turned it down some. Power feels awesome transmission tuning maybe a little stiff for some but with traction bars it's fine. Seems to never be in the wrong gear always keeps on top of the turbo so the smoke is very minimal even on a big tune.
IMG_0404.jpg

Looks a little different now I've put a no limit intake on it.

gcowart140

Reaction score
Have you tried the updated tuning with the delayed shift timing and enhanced converter lock-up? You may find you really like it with the s366 you are running. We are also offering custom tuning now, which will be needed with the non-VGT charger. Just a few things to think about before calling our tuning junk.

Yes I ran the updated tunes for awhile. It was better than the original tuning but I still wasn't happy with the trans tuning. I asked about the custom tuning but after waiting awhile for a reply I just went ahead and ordered an hs. I ran the hs on the stock turbo for about a week and thought it was a lot better than either s partan tunes I have ran.

I was going to give you guys a shot at tuning before swapping but after several not so great customer service experiences, a very delayed reply about custom tuning, and the options for mcc with hs the hs was a no brainer.

Sorry for cluttering up your thread OP

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Another vote for MPD turbo kit running the s365 stock fuel for now dual fuel on its way rite now. Also running Craig's motor and transmission tuning. Runs great only drained the rails once and it scared the chit out of me so I turned it down some. Power feels awesome transmission tuning maybe a little stiff for some but with traction bars it's fine. Seems to never be in the wrong gear always keeps on top of the turbo so the smoke is very minimal even on a big tune.
IMG_0404.jpg

i resemble that remark !!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
IMG_0404.jpg

i resemble that remark !!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.