• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Not a FORD but....1990 DODGE 2500 12 VALVE CUMMINS W/ 32,xxx ORIGINAL MILES

little luke

Reaction score
A LOT of people don't like the new technology and don't want to have to deal with emissions or worrying if a break down is going to cost them 10K+.

^^^ this

About 3 months ago I found a brick nose f350 that was exactly what I wanted. 460, 5 speed, standard cab long bed, 4x4, and power. Clean in, out and under and had 47k miles on it. They were asking 15k and if it hadn't been for my wife id have it instead of my 06.

sootie

Reaction score
sorry yore retarded. :shrug:

thank goodness for yore better half.

little luke

Reaction score
sorry yore retarded. :shrug:

thank goodness for yore better half.

Nah, just prefer a simple truck. Ive owned both, much happier with older truck.

Also to add. Buddies neighbor sold a first Gen Cummins similar to the op's truck except black and dually. Immaculate condition with 220k on it. Sold for 9k. This was around 4 years ago.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
A LOT of people don't like the new technology and don't want to have to deal with emissions or worrying if a break down is going to cost them 10K+.

The year of a truck has became somewhat negligible when one does pop up with low miles.

To them it out ways the feasibility of the truck doing the same job at less cost, compared to new or newer.

Fact is book values and someone else's opinion on what the value is, really doesn't matter.

True value is what a guy that likes the truck, or has a use for it, will pony up and pay....

He can't price shop a 32K mile 25yr old truck.

I've seen guys buy trucks like this because that's what they wanted. Same guys could have cut a check for a new one just as easy.

It's not always some kid with "daddys money".

I understand that but for some reason I have a feeling that if it sells for anything over 20k it will be to a kid. What would the MSRP of that truck have been in 1990?

Inline6359

Reaction score
So many people quick to chime in, but seems like if this was an overpriced obs thread (there have been many) few people say anything? And most of those are high mileage trucks. Dont get me wrong, I wouldn't pay what he's asking, just an observation.

idshred

Reaction score
My .02 and what I would do if it were mine. Put/find original bed, detail everything to the max and put it on ebay.

nossliw

Reaction score
I appreciate all the words fellas. Its always interesting to see the reactions to something like this. I understand both sides, but I'm one of those old school guys as well. And for you idiots who can't even spell Cummins right, I'm pretty sure rich kids now days want easy... which is slap a programmer on a newer truck and go. What fun is that? There is a big difference between built hp/tq and bought IMO...but that's me. Any guy now days can walk into a shop with a ten year or newer truck, and walk out that afternoon with a tune 500+hp truck.

Two things to note.

Original bed is not included. Truck was originally purchased for hauling hay, and he had the bed removed at the dealer, and due to health reasons of the PO(family), never was used for that besides driving the 40 mile one way trip to town. He will drop the price a couple grand to keep the steel bed. I am half tempted to find a straight bed for it and paint it(yes I can actually paint)... and put it on Ebay.

Secondly, whoever the one nut guy was... tell him its his if he can get close, and I don't need the nut. That made me laugh this morning.

I deal with quite a bit of **** when selling vehicles like this...its expected, but call me an idiot, they always sell for close to asking. He did have a 20k offer on it, NO BS. Now go ahead and rip me apart after saying that.

I appreciate any of those who truly are interested. I was gone all weekend and will get newer pics of it up since detailed.

Last edited:

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I appreciate all the words fellas. Its always interesting to see the reactions to something like this. I understand both sides, but I'm one of those old school guys as well. And for you idiots who can't even spell Cummins right, I'm pretty sure rich kids now days want easy... which is slap a programmer on a newer truck and go. What fun is that? There is a big difference between built hp/tq and bought IMO...but that's me. Any guy now days can walk into a shop with a ten year or newer truck, and walk out that afternoon with a tune 500+hp truck.

Two things to note.

Original bed is not included. Truck was originally purchased for hauling hay, and he had the bed removed at the dealer, and due to health reasons of the PO(family), never was used for that besides driving the 40 mile one way trip to town. He will drop the price a couple grand to keep the steel bed. I am half tempted to find a straight bed for it and paint it(yes I can actually paint)... and put it on Ebay.

Secondly, whoever the one nut guy was... tell him its his if he can get close, and I don't need the nut. That made me laugh this morning.

I deal with quite a bit of **** when selling vehicles like this...its expected, but call me an idiot, they always sell for close to asking. He did have a 20k offer on it, NO BS. Now go ahead and rip me apart after saying that.

I appreciate any of those who truly are interested. I was gone all weekend and will get newer pics of it up since detailed.

For the Dumbass that doesn't realize on a Powerstroke forum that it is commonly spelled CUMMINGS.

e2618a51.jpg

CUMMINGS!!!!!!LOLLOLLOL

Last edited:

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I saw a clean low mile first gen ext cab long bed bring 23k on ebay a few months ago....

nossliw

Reaction score
For the Dumbass that doesn't realize on a Powerstroke forum that it is commonly spelled CUMMINGS.

Touche... I keep forgetting I'm in the FORD Arena.... so on a PS forum we spell it that way because?

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Did he get close to the asking price?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online