Nothing in any gear

6.4f350

Reaction score
Filled my truck with break-in oil today to try and get my rings to seat, and was loading it a little bit in my driveway by footbraking it. All of a sudden the RPMs shot up so I let off, put it in park, and shut it off. Transmission fluid was pouring out of the bellhousing and it had pushed the trans dipstick out. I refilled the fluid and now it doesn't do anything in any gear, but has a constant drip from the bellhousing while running (Fluid is brown and smells burnt). Doesn't make any funny noises or anything. Obviously the trans has to come out but does anyone have any idea what I'm looking for once it comes out? Converter or pump problem maybe? Thanks

Lipka101

Reaction score
I think you will see the problem pretty quickly once you pull it. I think you are correct in thinking it's the pump. Have you been into a transmission before?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Probably the front pump seal. When you pull the converter off it'll probably have the seal on the converter still. At least mine did. Last time I'll sled pull my DD truck.

6.4f350

Reaction score
I think you will see the problem pretty quickly once you pull it. I think you are correct in thinking it's the pump. Have you been into a transmission before?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Only an old C4. Probably just going to give Twisted Diesel a call, I drained the fluid today and it's brown with a lot of sparkles in it.

Zmann

Reaction score
The sparkles stink
i had to pony up for a tranny and a new 350.00 air to oil cooler since you can't count on getting the sparkles out of a plate cooler
and I had to flush the coolant to oil cooler for an hour to get it clean

6.4f350

Reaction score
That's a wrap

C88CEADC-AEDA-42D2-8410-535C6459A79A_zpsrvetukxo.jpg

82728E5C-0AC8-45BA-8C9B-A0C30EB718A1_zpsypdu8btw.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.