Now Hiring

Dave

Reaction score
Nate or Eric. What all info do you need?

Let me know and I will shoot it to you ASAP

clayton

Reaction score
I would like within a few years to get a transfer to a branch in Texas. Ive looked at houses down there a few times and my god...Id have a mansion vs what I paid for my house here.
What are property taxes like?

Agjake11

Reaction score
I would like within a few years to get a transfer to a branch in Texas. Ive looked at houses down there a few times and my god...Id have a mansion vs what I paid for my house here.

depends on where in town but id say 2.5-4% around town.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

It can honestly be all over the place, Texas is so big that some parts have real estate as high as Cali and others much lower than any where in the U.S. Given that the taxes are based off the individuals property value and the higher the value the higher the tax. So Living in say Down Town Austin, Dallas or Houston your taxes will be some of the highest in the state, move to the out skirts of those cities and the tax can drop as much as 50% or more depending on area.

I'm not sure how they do it in other states but if you do a lot of home improvements or renovations and you get permit, they will schedule your property for reappraisal and then more than likely up your property tax to compensate for the new value. If everyone but you does that around you your tax goes up too even if your property looks like garbage.

DSTRBD

Reaction score

BRUTAL

Stay out of Harris County if you can. My current house is in Harris, but we are buying land in Montgomery County and plan on building in the not so distant future. This move alone will save us quite a bit in taxes and insurance.

Most of the city of Houston is disgusting, you will want to stay on the outskirts.

Trapper

Reaction score
Don't worry Montgomery Co. Isn't to far behind Harris. If ya have a nice place they will tax ya for it.

clayton

Reaction score
Thanks for the info fellas, good to know as I am quite serious about relocating within a few years.
Is Humble, Kingwood, The Woodlands, Atascocita etc within reason? Its either Houston area, or Odessa/Midland but that seems to be out in the boonies which Id rather not live. Not sure if we have a shop/branch in Dallas/Ft Worth.

Trapper

Reaction score
Thanks for the info fellas, good to know as I am quite serious about relocating within a few years.
Is Humble, Kingwood, The Woodlands, Atascocita etc within reason? Its either Houston area, or Odessa/Midland but that seems to be out in the boonies which Id rather not live. Not sure if we have a shop/branch in Dallas/Ft Worth.

Humble and Kingwood are nice. If ya do look over here by Disturbs shop I'm roughly 15 miles away and my place will be for sale again in 2years.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.