OBS and 38's whats it gonna take?

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
Got a standard cab bone stock 97 F350 and want to run 38's, what's it gonna take and what would be the best setup? Want a good ride and still be able to tow a trailer. What will have to be done to drive shafts? List it all.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I'm not real sure but I think you'd be getting into probably 6-8 inch lift and most likely a high steer kit up front if you go 8 inches if you want to do it right. Depending on what you are planning on towing that may be a pretty big set up to run. I'd give Trevor at pmf a call he's a good dude to deal with.

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
Probably never gonna see a goose-neck or 5th wheel. I don't want to trim anything either, its a clean truck as is just needs a lift with some bigger tires.

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
Probably never gonna see a goose-neck or 5th wheel. I don't want to trim anything either, its a clean truck as is just needs a lift with some bigger tires.

I have nothing trimmed on mine. If your gonna tow bumper hitch i would make sure its fastens to the frame well these older trucks kinda suck on the receiver hitches mounting.

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, all its done in its life is tow a small stock trailer and be parked in a heated garage. This truck is one of the last ones sold around here. It only has 101k miles on it. The last owner washed and waxed it all the time. I'll try to get a pic of it posted up.

zilla68

Reaction score
I am running a 2.5" rsk with the springs brad suggested, and it rides awesome, i'm at 35's, so i'm sure with a little more the 38's would fit.
i'd give pmf a call and see what he says.

Latest posts

Members online