Obs build

snydermotive09

Reaction score
1995 f350 cclb 4x4 zf5 150k on truck
6in lift, 35s
Has 96 motor installed on account of shattering piston in original motor.
Has 105k miles on motor, Amsoil full synthetic.
Have owned truck for 5 years. Had 92k miles when purchased rust free out of Virginia. Flirted with idea of selling several times but couldn't let her go. So I figured since it's staying in the family, I should show it some love.

Current mods:
7.3l intercooler
Beans idm box
3"dp 4" straight exhaust
Tymar intake
Ts chip-tw tunes
Gauges
500hp/950tq rated single disk South bend clutch
Wicked wheel 2

Parts just ordered:
T-4 set up with s468
Full force 250/200 sticks
T-500 HPOP
Beans obs fuel system with reg.return
Arp studs/Valve springs/smith push rods
Bronco rear fuel tank

Looking for 500-550hp. Anything more than that is fine by me. Plan to send chip away for a much needed retune, make a sturdy set of traction bars, and eventually a dual disk clutch

Looking for any other ideas/opinions from fellow obs guys on this build and what yall think. From tuning to other odds and ends that should be tied up before cutting this thing loose in the coming summer months.

Long term plans:
Some minor rust fixes
Fresh paint all over

Thanks, snydermotive09

Last edited:

97stoker350

Reaction score
the clutch will hold but plan on getting a better one. the 468 will fit but yea you have to do a little manipulating for the dp

sootie

Reaction score
say bye bye to your bottom end before the end of summer...

snydermotive09

Reaction score
What makes you think my bottom won't hold together? Seen many people with bigger set up than this hold for the long haul. It all in good tuning and good parts. Also driving with some common sense.

I'm looking for good opinions/ideas on how to upgrade my pickup and to make sure it lasts. Not for someone to tell me it isn't going to stay together without having any knowledgable comment as to why it won't hold. If you take the time to add you .02, atleast support what your saying with some facts.

psduser1

Reaction score
What makes you think my bottom won't hold together? Seen many people with bigger set up than this hold for the long haul. It all in good tuning and good parts. Also driving with some common sense.

I'm looking for good opinions/ideas on how to upgrade my pickup and to make sure it lasts. Not for someone to tell me it isn't going to stay together without having any knowledgable comment as to why it won't hold. If you take the time to add you .02, atleast support what your saying with some facts.
I don't think anyone is trying to beat you out of your plan, some guys have had trouble keeping a setup like that together, long term. High cylinder pressure at lower rpms is no bueno.
Good tuning, and a gentle foot, you may be ok.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Well since the guys commenting have blown the bottom end with this exact setup maybe you should get off your defense and accept the fact that this setup has the potential to blow the stock bottom out of any truck. Youre not special its just how it is. And a know it all smartass attitude like you have won't last here very long. Thats my .02

97stoker350

Reaction score
fwiw i hope she holds for you cuz its not fun being stuck along the road. all we were doing was telling you to plan for the worst because it happens pretty often.

snydermotive09

Reaction score
I was stuck along the road from previous motor blowing piston apart and cracking cylinder wall. I know it's no fun. Didn't mean to be so defensive. Just burns me when reading threads and people post comments such as "it will never hold" but don't give any reason at all as to why. That was my only issue. Thanks for adding to it.

snydermotive09

Reaction score
So what should I do to "help prevent" shattering the bottom half....without dropping another couple grand$$$$.?

I plan to detune it a bit just to be cautious. But besides that.

7.3obs

Reaction score
Tune. Tune and tune some more. And baby it. I had plans for injectors and a s468 plus all you're obvious other things besides a built bottom end. I want to enjoy the truck to the fullest and if I want to go for a couple hundred mile trip I can and not have to worry about being on the side of the highway when a lame sports car goes by me because I put my foot to the floor and a rod let go. I'm saving up for a built bottom end and am doing it once.

But then some people blow a bottom end. Buy a running motor and swap stuff over which is fine too.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Most guys say gear head is the way to go if you wanna keep stuff together. Biggest thing is talk to your tuner ALOT, make sure they know exactly what you want. I've never ran gear head but I hear he is great to work with

Latest posts

Members online