OBS Cummings swap

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I just picked up these rims with tires for $350 bucks! They're 18s and the tires still have a little life left. Not her first choice of rims but for the price it's much better than the steels that are on it lol. A little cleaning and they'll be good to go!

pyjete9y.jpg

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Unfortunately no, we haven't had any time to work on it, it seems either I'm out of town or my dad is. Hopefully after Ennis this weekend we will get back to work on it, my little sister is on our ass to get it finished lol.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I've been putting this project off for too long, so yesterday my dad and I decided to pull the engine back out and start making progress again. I took a BFH to the firewall to give more clearance over the last valve cover, I also used it to flatten out the bottom pinch weld so we can clear a bigger downpipe. I removed two unnecessary brackets from the engine crossmember and gave it a nice coat of paint.
yse3y2az.jpg

Today we're gonna drop the engine back in and start making progress on modifying the tranny crossmember. Tomorrow the manifold and turbo will go on and then we can start the wiring and figuring out all of the a/c and power steering lines.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
My dad has the wiring done, trans crossmember is done, it's all of the nit picky stuff that's taking awhile, that and finding the time to do it. Driveshafts should be done soon, we're trying to figure out the tcase linkage, we don't have the bracket that has the shifter and we're trying to locate one now. We also need to locate a 12 valve throttle cable, we can't find the one we took out of the donor truck :doh:

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I haven't updated this in awhile, been too busy with school and work to really mess with it. The new driveshafts are in, and last night I put the injector lines on.
ujy2aqeq.jpg

We will be picking up the pressure switches we need to control the converter lock up soon. We will be able to start it as soon as we get a new tranny dipstick tube, I'm hoping for this weekend!

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Well if I had a tranny dipstick tube I could post a video of it running! Lol
Oh and we're gonna need a case of ATF, think you could hook it up? I know you know a guy that sells the stuff lol. Kylie will pay you of course

Idiesel

Reaction score
I think I need my name across the side for sponsoring for all the parts I've supplied! Lol
In the mean time I'll talk to the guy I know that can hook me up fat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Just picked up the new dipstick tube and ATF, there's a possibility that we could start it tonight. The pressure switches are ordered and they will be here next week. We still need a 12v throttle cable and kick down cable if anyone has one they'd like to get rid of...

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Front clip is starting to go back together. I can't find the tranny lines from the donor truck, so it looks like that's gonna hold us up until we can get the fittings we need.

u3ybusan.jpg