obs gear selector question

Clipper

Reaction score
got my truck rolling finally, now having trouble with the gear shifter having a ton of slop. My trans (e4od) is totally rebuilt including a new cable to the shifter, just wondering if there was a way to tighten up the play at all?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The first thing to check is the bolts on the bottom of the steering column. Ley under the dash on the driver's side. Look up the steering column. There are two Torx head bolts that loosen and sometimes fall out. When that happens you get a lot of slop in the shift handle.

Got4wd

Reaction score
The first thing to check is the bolts on the bottom of the steering column. Ley under the dash on the driver's side. Look up the steering column. There are two Torx head bolts that loosen and sometimes fall out. When that happens you get a lot of slop in the shift handle.

Yup. He's right

Clipper

Reaction score
yeah Mark, that's the first thing that I checked, since that was a problem you helped me with on my last truck lol. Everythings tight, but there is a ton of play.

Clipper

Reaction score
I took the column apart and replaced the two bushings along the shift tube, it helped some of the slop but the shifter still has too much movement between shifts. Is there adjustment along the cable?

Latest posts

Members online