OBS picture thread:

JD3020

Reaction score
381574_2919013656872_1306680626_3282048_642203273_n.jpg

JD3020

Reaction score
^ where ya takin it?

Down to Unlimited Diesel Performance. Nate built me a trans and once we got it in Saturday it wasn't acting right, hoping something's stuck in the valvebody. So they're gonna get it going and throw in my 2's. First time i've driven the truck in 5-6 months and i'll be driving it over 2 hours home with new injectors and a built trans. Discovered a brake line rusted out while it sat, which i fixed today. Really hope i don't discover anything else on the drive home. :mad:

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Down to Unlimited Diesel Performance. Nate built me a trans and once we got it in Saturday it wasn't acting right, hoping something's stuck in the valvebody. So they're gonna get it going and throw in my 2's. First time i've driven the truck in 5-6 months and i'll be driving it over 2 hours home with new injectors and a built trans. Discovered a brake line rusted out while it sat, which i fixed today. Really hope i don't discover anything else on the drive home. :mad:

haha sounds like your gonna have a blast for those 2 hours...lucky. lol

...long as nothing else breaks.

JD3020

Reaction score
haha sounds like your gonna have a blast for those 2 hours...lucky. lol

...long as nothing else breaks.

Yeah. Should be fun if it goes smooth. I have a complete tool kit, spare oil, power steering fluid, and ATF in the toolbox of it. CPS and tools for that in the glovebox. And i'm gonna take a fuel filter, brake fluid, fuel pump, and prolly fuel filter with me. Should be everything...:lookaround:

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Yeah. Should be fun if it goes smooth. I have a complete tool kit, spare oil, power steering fluid, and ATF in the toolbox of it. CPS and tools for that in the glovebox. And i'm gonna take a fuel filter, brake fluid, fuel pump, and prolly fuel filter with me. Should be everything...:lookaround:

Damn I wouldnt be worried about anything lol

Pstroke96

Reaction score
Putting Plasti dip on your wheels?!? Never heard of it? What does the process entail?

Its really simple. All i did was.clean them up really well tape up the rim and sprayed them that's all there is to it. its holding up real good. it took one power washing already and.still looks great

on a side note i got a psa sticker made pics to come

LawnRanger

Reaction score
Went to back out of the drive way this evening in the plow truck, and when I shifted into reverse I heard a SNAP, and the lever was all sloppy. Then I couldn't put it back in park, but I was able to drop it into neutral. Towed it to the shop w/the Ventrac and this is what I found. Good thing it's not snowing or I'd be SOL.

Steringcolum96006.jpg

This is supposed to a one piece housing.

Steringcolum96009.jpg

This is how I got it out.
What a PITA

Steringcolum96002.jpg

Steringcolum96004.jpg

Then I decided to work on the back-up plow truck. Didn't need to dig in as far, but almost. The gear selector wasn't working. Thought it was the cable that moves the orange arrow, but it was just a little plastic keeper guide.

Steringcolum97001.jpg

Steringcolum97004.jpg

weareweird69

Reaction score
Both typical problems. Most ford dealers keep the shifter shaft in stock. Replace the shaft, housing, and two bushings!

I put a plastic 23 gallon front tank in my truck today :)

IMG_0230_Medium_.JPG

weareweird69

Reaction score
Ill never, ever, put a steel tank in my truck ever again, UNLESS i have no choice other than that. I replaced the steel tank in my 96 gasser, and it leaks already. JUNK.

I got lucky, and this is an original plastic ford tank up front. I have about 100 bucks in the whole deal, including the sender hehe

Youll curse at the skid plate when you take it off. I know I was.

Last edited:

LawnRanger

Reaction score
Ill never, ever, put a steel tank in my truck ever again, UNLESS i have no choice other than that. I replaced the steel tank in my 96 gasser, and it leaks already. JUNK.

I got lucky, and this is an original plastic ford tank up front. I have about 100 bucks in the whole deal, including the sender hehe

Youll curse at the skid plate when you take it off. I know I was.

My gasser doesn't have a skid plate, or a rear tank for that matter. And the front tank is held in w/two ratchet straps. LOL

By the way, how the heck do you find all these hard to find or almost obsolete truck parts you come up with?:flipa:

weareweird69

Reaction score
My gasser doesn't have a skid plate, or a rear tank for that matter. And the front tank is held in w/two ratchet straps. LOL

By the way, how the heck do you find all these hard to find or almost obsolete truck parts you come up with?:flipa:

LOL now thats redneck engineering. Both my trucks dont have a front skid plate anymore. All they do is catch crap.

I have a knack for finding things. When people want something, they call me and most of the time I can find it :shrug: LOL

LawnRanger

Reaction score
My shifter is kinda sloppy, would that be the bushings or that whole shaft?

Just sloppy? The bushings are probably gone. But if your in there, just replace it all. They are known for going bad and breaking like LawnRanger's did

I agree w/Garrett. Regardless of what it is, if your in there just replace it all. I got all my parts for $75.

davey99, is the slop in your lever back and forth, or up and down? If it's back and forth, it may be a broke shaft and not the bushings.

I was looking at the "turd" ( around my house, this is what we now refer to the back-up plow truck as, thanks to Garrett ) and noticed a large piece of aluminum laying where it shouldn't be. It tuns out the back end of the shaft is broke off. This is why, in the turd, the lever is sloppy back and forth.

This is the chunk that broke off beside the shaft I replaced in the plow truck.

Steringcolum97parts003.jpg

Steringcolum97parts005.jpg

So now that I know what I'm doing, I get to do it all over again to the turd. :redspotdance:

Latest posts

Members online