Obs radiator options

Addicted4

Reaction score
Had one of the straps from the inside of the radiator come off last night and wrap around the fan and beat a hole in the radiator, I wanted to replace it anyways when I did my intercooler and trans cooler. Now I'm forced to do it sooner than later. Any thoughts on just buying a stock replacement or going with a mishimoto all aluminum one? I already have the 6.0 cooling fan and the truck has yet to get hot. During the summer with the a/c on you could here the clutch engage quite often just looking for thoughts and opinions. Also probably doing the thermostat at the same time: I've read lots on which stat to go with but up in the air

Krause

Reaction score
In general i believe the consensus is that the Mishimoto looks awesome, but does not cool significantly better than the stock one. Having aluminum tops offers some additional cooling, but not enough that you would be able to measure likely. I have a mishimoto because for a while they were on sale for 279 bucks. It is really nice, but FYI it is also a hazard to work on your truck if it has been run because the bare aluminum top can burn you. If they were still on sale I'de recommend Mishimoto just for the feel good of an all aluminum rad, otherwise stock does it's job very well.

rusty1161

Reaction score
In general i believe the consensus is that the Mishimoto looks awesome, but does not cool significantly better than the stock one. Having aluminum tops offers some additional cooling, but not enough that you would be able to measure likely. I have a mishimoto because for a while they were on sale for 279 bucks. It is really nice, but FYI it is also a hazard to work on your truck if it has been run because the bare aluminum top can burn you. If they were still on sale I'de recommend Mishimoto just for the feel good of an all aluminum rad, otherwise stock does it's job very well.

I agree with Krause. My Mishimoto is nice, but doesn't cool any better the the stocker.

Rusty

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
I know a buddy i pull with got a full aluminum one with dual electric fans dirt cheap on ebay the other year. May be worth checking

Latest posts

Members online