Oh boy - Flogged my girl and now she's hurt...

Mdub707

Reaction score
My guess is IPR duty cycle is what it's reading, but that still doesn't make sense... that or it could be ICP voltage maybe? That would make a little more sense.

IPR usually runs around 30% at idle, maybe a little less and goes up near 85% max

ICP voltage only goes to 5V max.

MPa is Mega Pascals, it's a pressure reading...

1 MPa = ~ 145 psi

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/...perduty/HPO Pictures/ICPVoltagevsPressure.png

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
You try running it with the sensor unplugged yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

f-150_xl

Reaction score
No I just got home from work and after an all day hard rain my garage (along with everything within 20 miles) is flooded so the truck will have to wait till tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted.

f-150_xl

Reaction score
Well, its not the icp sensor and the reading on the display is the IPR. The ICP reading is another option that i found while playing with the tuner today. The actual ICP reading now sits at 6.00 because it's unhooked obviously but the miss is 100% the same as it was before. I'm really starting to think it's got a bent pushrod or something. And it still starts almost instantly when i hit the key and doesn't smoke at all. No tune changes the miss and everything my Livewire reads looks normal. Now is one of those times i wish i would've bought auto enginuity. Or better yet, put a commonrail in it $7k ago...

f-150_xl

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/43p7vyXcjgg

Another video. Idles rough. Revs slow. Won't build boost like it should. Why is it that there are a million things that can go wrong on these trucks, yet they rarely throw a CEL... I guess I'll start unplugging my fresh Warren injectors to see if one of them is the culprit. This truck has ran great for three days total in the three months I've owned it. I've had some very reliable 6.0L trucks but i swear this thing is determined to kill itself...

strokin6L

Reaction score
Still again...the ICP sitting at 6.00 doesn't make sense. Thats not even a reading that ICP can be. ICP is either in voltage which will be anything from 0-5volts...or a pressure reading that'll go to 4000psi. 6.00 doesn't correspond to either of them. What does 6.00 mean since its not a voltage or pressure reading?

swinky

Reaction score
Please tell me that's not the stock exhaust with a cat still in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

swinky

Reaction score
His icp cycle is reading ipr. It went to .73 in the first video. Plug the icp sensor back in find a parameter that reads actual icp and put it back to stock tunes and let us know what you find. How's fuel mileage? Coil on one of the injectors may have popped.

f-150_xl

Reaction score
I'm working on it as far as the true readings. I just got this programmer a couple days ago and like every other SCT device I've owned it came with no instructions... As for the stock exhaust - yes it is but It's literally had maybe 60 miles on it since it was fired up. It's installed because it has to be put through an inspection next week (if it stays running long enough). It has an MBRP turbo back setup that will be put on immediately afterwards. It also hasn't been hot and the cat isn't plugged up.

scparrish

Reaction score
I would check injectors personally sounds like a dead injector the only thing that makes me uncertain is the lack of codes

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I just recently had an injector go bad on me which caused my truck to smoke like a banshee. I suppose you could potentially have the opposite symptom where you have less smoke due to the spool valve failing in the closed position. In either case, after only a few miles of driving like that you would/should end up with a "cylinder contribution error" code, it wont throw a CEL, but it will throw a code and say which cylinder is acting up.

I friend of mine had just put his truck back together from a head gasket job and new injectors from Warren. Drove it for only a few days before it started acting exactly like your truck. Turned out to be a bent rod.

Best of luck.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I would check injectors personally sounds like a dead injector the only thing that makes me uncertain is the lack of codes

if he had a dead hole, it should definitely throw a cylinder contribution code. is it popping back out the intake at all?

Last edited:

f-150_xl

Reaction score
No no popping through the intake. It sounds and acts completely normal other than the bad miss and low power. I just went through and checked/replaced every wire on the harness from the firewall to the fan (Load tested them). I dont know whats with it not having codes because i know for a fact it has the pcm KAM, egr, and ficm software codes on it at all times. Is the TS not as detailed of a reader as my tsx was? It used to tell me all kinds of codes even soft ones.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Check to make sure all injectors are plugged into the injector harness. Sometimes one will wiggle lose enough to come unhooked but still look good. Check the C-clips on the harness connectors and give each one a small tug to make sure.

f-150_xl

Reaction score
Checked those already. Couldn't really tell by unplugging the injectors it always seemed to make the miss worse when i would unplug one. I guess since literally no one around me besides our local ford garage has decent diagnostics software I'm going to just buy AE here in a paycheck or two. I would rather sell my truck and buy another one than deal with the idiots that run the local dealership.

f-150_xl

Reaction score
Well it passed the buzz test twice however it is now showing a #7 contribution code and doesn't change idle at all when I kill that injector. Not sure why I couldn't find it before. Going to pull it this week and send it to Warren who offered to fix it for free no questions asked (now THAT is customer service!). My guess is it was just one of those freak things. Will keep you all posted!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.