Oil Cooler/Filter Relocate 6.4???

Taylor D

Reaction score
Just bought the MPD Oil cooler delete plate. I have searched everywhere and can't find an answer to what everyone else used to piece together the rest of the setup. What filter, filter base, size lines/hoses and fittings and what cooler and where did you mount it?? Any help would be much appreciated. Pic's and exact where to get the items would be great.

Taylor

ncollins64

Reaction score
I actually priced out a kit the other day from mpd. I was getting there plate and cooler with all the fittings and then get the RCD oil filter relocation kit.

White_monster

Reaction score
I'm using a Mocal water to oil cooler, it's not cheap but the cooler can be cleaned easily. For the filter I'm using a pacbrake filter head for a 6.7 cummins. Lines are Parker pushlok hose in -10 size with AN fittings. Mine will all fit on the drivers side valve cover or in that area too. Pics when it's completed will be in my build thread.

ncollins64

Reaction score
That is correct, mpd didn't have a complete kit. I just priced there cooler and plate and got the RCD filter setup for the other side of things. I will have to do my own hoses after I mount everything in place.

White_monster

Reaction score
Should work. Only reason I wouldn't use an air to oil cooler is stop and go traffic and it's another cooler in front of the radiator. When your moving it'll work fine but I want some cooling in stopped situations. Also for the few of us in the cold temps a coolant to oil cooler like the factory cooler will help warm the oil to operating temps as well. Food for thought.

Taylor D

Reaction score
Should work. Only reason I wouldn't use an air to oil cooler is stop and go traffic and it's another cooler in front of the radiator. When your moving it'll work fine but I want some cooling in stopped situations. Also for the few of us in the cold temps a coolant to oil cooler like the factory cooler will help warm the oil to operating temps as well. Food for thought.

Tried to look up the one you spoke of but wasn't sure which one. Do you have a link and whats the cost of the Mocal?

Taylor D

Reaction score
2e8ugasa.jpg
zu2asu9a.jpg
y8ajagad.jpg
e3yguja9.jpg

Here's what I got so far will add more pictures as I complete it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I just started doing some research on this issue. Tired of doing flushes on the 6.0, and need to fix this correctly. After doing some quick adding up of parts and prices, it looks like the price is going to be the relatively close to the bulletproof kit, ranging from $1500-1700. This is just my rookie opinion. Good luck.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
If I did mine all over again I would do mpd plate. RCD filters head and filters(no line or fittings). Fluidyne oil to air cooler in the front bumper and run all my own -12 line. Would be a very nice setup.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Oil to water cooler and filter head
IMG_20140423_211536908.jpg

Oil to air cooler
IMG_20140421_223147_672.jpg

MPD plate
IMG_20140215_211357_488.jpg

Keeps my oil at 182-185. It got to 194 on a 7 mile 7% grade in Colorado. Did awesome.

Halvy85

Reaction score
What's everyone doing for oil lines on the turbos? I'm still running stock turbos for now till I see if the block stops leaking coolant. I was thinking -8AN off the plate and a -8 to -6 Y to feed both turbos.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I ran -6 to both of mine. I used a T fitting right of the new oil plate. Its a -6 hole in the plate.

Latest posts

Members online