Oil filter relocation: Same for 6.0 and 6.4???

derrick36

Reaction score
There's always an ad from RCD in the magazines for their oil filter relocation setup: http://www.rivercitydiesel.com/inde...d=75&option=com_virtuemart&vmcchk=1&Itemid=54

The ad seems to always list kits for the 6.0 and 6.4 but only shows one picture. I'm just wondering if the same kit works for both engines? From what I can tell, the base looks the same but I'm not 100% sure.

If the same kit works for both engines, could a person use an OEM relocation setup from an E-Series van with a 6.0?

I found a pic over on PSN that shows the E-series setup:
Screenshot2010-05-31at21226PM.png

Horizon Ford took care of finding all of the part numbers and prices for me.

I don't see the hard lines being able to be used but that's an easy hurdle to get over.

Is this a viable alternative to aftermarket relocation setups? I've got nothing against the extra bling but I don't want to spend extra money if I don't have to.

derrick36

Reaction score
looks like they just used the international remote filter

That would make sense. I wonder if buying parts from an IH dealer would be even cheaper....

Horizon quoted me a price but I don't know if the 25% discount was factored in.

I found the same parts through partsguyed.com for a full $100 less. Regardless, either way it would be about half the cost of an aftermarket setup.

When I say that, I'm only going off of RCD's price. I don't know who else offers a kit.

derrick36

Reaction score
I was going to price a set up thru international but i never got around to it.

Well, if you can find a Ford to IH cross reference, I've got all of the Ford part numbers. I can send them to you if you need them.

derrick36

Reaction score
Can I ask why? What is the benefit? Changing the oil filter on my 6.4 couldn't be easier IMO.

I would like to clean up the valley a bit. I'm not too concerned with how easy/hard the filter is to change. I just want it out of the way.

Matt

Reaction score
Mind if I ask how much all the parts were? There is another aftermarket company currently working on a remote oil filter set up that should be a good bit cheaper than RCDs, but I believe its still a little while out.

derrick36

Reaction score
Mind if I ask how much all the parts were? There is another aftermarket company currently working on a remote oil filter set up that should be a good bit cheaper than RCDs, but I believe its still a little while out.

The quote I got from Sunrise Ford was $402. I'm not sure if the 25% discount that they are offering PSA members was factored in because I emailed them vs. posting on this site.

I took all the part numbers and quantities and plugged them into partsguyed.com(horizon ford)and the total came out to $304. They are local to me, so I wouldn't be shelling out extra for shipping.

Assuming that this all works the same as it would on a 6.0 either price is a hell of a lot cheaper.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Not only that but you know that it was designed for our engine s by international. The oiling system is something you probably don't want to cut corners on. Good info tho.

Sent from my DROIDX

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Last time I ordered something from sunrise, shipping was free.

Can just the "header" be bought? How are the hard lines attached?

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

derrick36

Reaction score
Last time I ordered something from sunrise, shipping was free.

Can just the "header" be bought? How are the hard lines attached?

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

Yeah the header has its own part number. I have no idea how the lines attach. If I(or anyone else)did it could shave upwards of $80ish off of either price. Both lines are $40ish a piece. Even though they wouldn't be used, it would be nice to see how everything fits together before I start hacking it up.

If anyone wants all of the ford part numbers PM me your email and I'll forward you all of the info.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Doug over at GoGo is making us some plates to do these deletes, he made a trial run of one yesterday but wants to change some stuff for the production ones. Then its just a matter of getting lines and a filter base, we were thinking of using one that would use the 7.3 oil filters. If it all works out as planned it will be a reasonably priced and well put together kit.

derrick36

Reaction score
Doug over at GoGo is making us some plates to do these deletes, he made a trial run of one yesterday but wants to change some stuff for the production ones. Then its just a matter of getting lines and a filter base, we were thinking of using one that would use the 7.3 oil filters. If it all works out as planned it will be a reasonably priced and well put together kit.

That's why I was looking into the OEM route. I couldn't find anyone JUST offering the plate.

That would be awesome if GOGO did something like that.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
That's why I was looking into the OEM route. I couldn't find anyone JUST offering the plate.

That would be awesome if GOGO did something like that.

We will have it for both the packaged kit and just the plate for the DIY crowd. We are thinking about maybe even doing a anodized one too, there will also be a IN & OUT engraved on the plate as well as the possibility of doing maybe Powerstroke engraved on it. Just depends on cost.

derrick36

Reaction score
We will have it for both the packaged kit and just the plate for the DIY crowd. We are thinking about maybe even doing a anodized one too, there will also be a IN & OUT engraved on the plate as well as the possibility of doing maybe Powerstroke engraved on it. Just depends on cost.

Cool deal!

Thanks for the info.

Matt

Reaction score
Doug is engraving some real custom **** for me, Eric, ask him about it, haha.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.