oil filter relocation

ncollins64

Reaction score
Does anybody have any evperience with oil filter relocation kits for the 6.4s. I know river city diesel has a kit and elite also has a kit i think. I wanna relocate mine and use a spin on filter, plus it makes for a cleaner engine. Any thoughts?

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Looks really good, subscribed for some reviews

River_City_Diese_4cf56da9c64f7.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The only one i have personal experience with is the elite set up on godzilla, only downfall i saw is its pretty messy to pull the engine because it basically drains the whole time, really not a big issue but thats the only thing i could maybe complain about. As always with external lines you run the risk of rubbing, heating ect where the hose might develop a leak and the bad part is you could pump all the oil out of the pan before you even knew you had an issue...

that being said even Cat uses external soft lines, seams to work just fine even in high abuse areas... only thing i think i would add is an external oil cooler to go with it.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Looks like a great kit as well, read through the instructions and seems pretty straight forward, only thing I noticed was they use self-tapping screws into the CAC to mount the cooler, so aftermarket IC guys may need to come up with their own mounts or make sure the screws don't penetrate the core.

gman1

Reaction score
Looks like a great kit as well, read through the instructions and seems pretty straight forward, only thing I noticed was they use self-tapping screws into the CAC to mount the cooler, so aftermarket IC guys may need to come up with their own mounts or make sure the screws don't penetrate the core.

I was thinking the same thing for those of us with after market coolers. Was thinking about calling them to see if they have anything in the works for after market CAC,s.

derrick36

Reaction score
Does anybody have any evperience with oil filter relocation kits for the 6.4s. I know river city diesel has a kit and elite also has a kit i think. I wanna relocate mine and use a spin on filter, plus it makes for a cleaner engine. Any thoughts?

I looked into it a while back using OEM stuff. No experience yet, but I can probably dig up part numbers if you're interested.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7854

derrick36

Reaction score
Was everything factory parts? I didnt know they offered oem kits

E-series vans have a remote mount filter. It looks like the only things you wouldnt be able to reuse would be the hard lines. No biggie though. Im dure some suitable hose could be sourced from summit or jegs pretty easily.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Ive been looking at the bullet proof kits alot here lately. I may go that route since it comes with a secondary oil cooler. Seems they have good products. Any thoughts before i pull the trigger?

Hammer Down

Reaction score
might be a dumb question but have you guys seen any issues with it taking longer to get oil pressure due to the remote mount?

powerlifter405

Reaction score
E-series vans have a remote mount filter. It looks like the only things you wouldnt be able to reuse would be the hard lines. No biggie though. Im dure some suitable hose could be sourced from summit or jegs pretty easily.

do you still have the parts list for the E-series relocation filter?

Latest posts

Members online