oil leaking POS

Cody

Reaction score
my 2000 in my sig is starting to leak oil like a siv, its been an on going problem for about 20k miles just getting worse hahaha :fustrate:

Im thinking its ether my pan gasket, or rear main... the valley is dry and the pedestal has a little bit of residue on it, but no where near enough for the size of the leak , i bet i leave a 6-10" diameter circle every where i go.. talk about embarrassing...

So far ive replaced:

both VC's
a rail plug
pedestal orings
hpop lines after one blew
and a new hpop

My question is, what else could it be, typical runs down the bell housing, is there a way to rule out ether the pan or RM? or any suggestions?

thanks in advance
Cody

Wackerjr

Reaction score
Rear main is VERY VERY VERY VERY unlikely.... Pan can be loose.... but there is no gasket....

Check the rear head plugs, or the dipstick tube.... if it is leaking that much it is leaking while running... get a flashlight and a mirror and go looking..... If the valley is dry it is somewhere else.....

I have in the past seen them leak at a HPO fitting and run down the intakes to the back of the engine as well.... so dont rule out the entire topside either.

G Racing

Reaction score
Check the corner of the oil Pan on the passengers side by the starter. I've seen the pan bolts come loose there quite a bit. Clean everything up with some degreaser let it dry, start you truck and crawl under to see where it is leaking from.

Zmann

Reaction score
tie wire a diaper to it ;-)

ford would add dye and a special light to find a leak

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
tie wire a diaper to it ;-)

ford would add dye and a special light to find a leak

UV dye and light. It can be had from most auto parts stores and isn't a bad idea.

Same principals as the blue spray they use on CSI. Then they use the flash light with the orange filter or special goggles. Same idea.

Sent from my iPhone

Cody

Reaction score
I forgot fords super gray death silicone not a pan gasket, i went through and retourqed the pan bolts in the summer, its also not the oil cooler, and its supposed to be warm this week i guess ill do some degreaseing...

And yes it leaks while running

Zaairman

Reaction score
See if its leaking from the EBPV actuator rod. Also, Behr makes an awesome concrete cleaner that removes oil stains easily... Available at Home Depot. Cleaned up my oil stains great..

TyCorr

Reaction score
See if its leaking from the EBPV actuator rod. Also, Behr makes an awesome concrete cleaner that removes oil stains easily... Available at Home Depot. Cleaned up my oil stains great..

Really? Whats it called? Is it in the paint section?

Zaairman

Reaction score
Yeah, in the paint section by the deck cleaner. It's called Behr Concrete and Masonry Degreaser and Cleaner, #990. Gray bottle, about $20 a gallon. Spill some on full strength (driveway has to be dry), let it sit for 15 mins, scrub for a min, and hose it off real good. I did my oil stains twice and they were gone. Could have probably only done it once if I had a power washer.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yeah, in the paint section by the deck cleaner. It's called Behr Concrete and Masonry Degreaser and Cleaner, #990. Gray bottle, about $20 a gallon. Spill some on full strength (driveway has to be dry), let it sit for 15 mins, scrub for a min, and hose it off real good. I did my oil stains twice and they were gone. Could have probably only done it once if I had a power washer.

Awesome! Thanks buddy.

Cody

Reaction score
Ok i cleaned it up a little, the valey is indeed bone dry, and the pedistal has a EBPV delete with a pipe plug in it, and that was pretty dry, the truck is very wet around the rear head plug on the passanger side, but i couldnt for the life of me get a wrench in there, i replaced it once but dont remember how/what tool combo i used, i was going to try and just tighten it up

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ok i cleaned it up a little, the valey is indeed bone dry, and the pedistal has a EBPV delete with a pipe plug in it, and that was pretty dry, the truck is very wet around the rear head plug on the passanger side, but i couldnt for the life of me get a wrench in there, i replaced it once but dont remember how/what tool combo i used, i was going to try and just tighten it up
I believe you put a 1/2" ratchet inthe plug, no socket needed.

Cody

Reaction score
my ratchet is no where near long enough, i remember doing it from the bottom?

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
I have a similar issue but not nearly as big of a leak.
I replaced read main when I put BTS in.
No leaking plugs.
No leaks anywhere but from rear of pan.
Stupid oil pan.
Next oil change I'm going to drain oil then use ton of brake clean
To clean around pan then smear oil resistant silicone in there when I loosten
The pan bolts. Wait a while then tighten pan bolts. I'll let you know if it works.
Who sells those hp oil rail orings again?

Vengeance

Reaction score
Cody, check the turbo pedistal bolts. Make sure they are good and tight. You might have a bad o-ring there as well.

Cody

Reaction score
I replaced the turbo pedestal orings last weekend so there good and tight, also got a wrench on the rear plug thats good and tight too even with the cheater pipe :hammer: Yet my downpipe is still getting somewhat wet, im about to just order a non ebpv pedistal in hopes that one of my threads are slightly cross threaded and is causing it to leak?

Zaairman

Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm about to light my truck on fire as well if it doesn't stop leaking oil. :fustrate: Valley is totally dry, too.

01PSD

Reaction score
Bringing this back to life. I've got an oil leak that has gotten progressively worse. Going to look into it more in depth tomorrow. Truck is bone stock minus a straight pipe exhaust. Valley has some oil in it and what was once just a few drops here and there has turned into a nice size puddle on the concrete..

I'm hoping it's something rather simple, going to check HPOP lines and EBPV first I guess.

Latest posts

Members online