oil pressure gauge

JuststrokeIT

Reaction score
truck is a 99 my main problem is a loss of power and knock in higher RPMs however the oil pressure gauge isn't even moving and the light for it is on is there anyway its related? The truck does idle fine I checked the ICP by unplugging it and the engine fell apart so im assuming that part is good. Ive replaced the engine wiring harness as I had some mice get in an chew on the old one so I thought maybe that was the problem but its still there. also have replaced the fuel filters thinking maybe one was plugged and drained the fuel tank and put in new fuel. I don't think its the injectors as they are swamps injectors with less that 5k miles on them however they have sat for maybe a year im running out of ideas on this

Arisley

Reaction score
Put a mechanical gauge on there to verify oil pressure.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

mandkole

Reaction score
X2-- Also if you ground the sender wire, verify that the gauge needle goes to H. If so the gauge is working.

2000f350

Reaction score
Unplugging the icp sensor it should still run ok. The pcm just uses base numbers then for icp. If you didnt have lube oil pressure (lpop) it wouldnt run since the lpop feeds ur high pressure oil pump.
I would stil put in a mechanical gauge, u can use one of the ports on the hpop reservoir. That will give you your lubricating oil pressure. is there oil in your icp plug? If so the icp sensor is bad.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I'd be leary of the gauge on the dash my obs always reads between r and m in normal. But my autometer varies from 42 to as low as 6 (my lpop is going out)

79jasper

Reaction score
Factory oil gauge uses a switch, not a pressure sender. So it doesn't actually read oil pressure. It's pretty much a dummy gauge.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.