Oil problems

Lyrch

Reaction score
I change my oil every 3,000 miles, and it is always nasty. It starts looking real bad after 2,000 and leaking at the back of the motor somewhere. I'm pretty sure I'm getting all the old oil out, I have a 15 quart jug and its full when I'm done. Just for laughs last time I pulled the plug and oil filter and let it sit for an hour. I've been running just regular rotella, thinking about swapping to something better. I'm starting to have stiction issues when cold. What can I do to clean the oil system out better, and make it last longer? What oil is better to help with the stiction? I'm going to hunt down the oil leak this weekend, once I change the oil the leak goes away. I just changed the oil at 100,000 miles it has 102,200 on it now.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I'm running lubrication engineers oil. Oil is clean, it cleaned out previous sludge, oil temps went down over 15 deg, faster start ups etc. I'm waiting on my oil tests now. I'll run LE in everything I own.

swinky

Reaction score
I'm running lubrication engineers oil. Oil is clean, it cleaned out previous sludge, oil temps went down over 15 deg, faster start ups etc. I'm waiting on my oil tests now. I'll run LE in everything I own.
Oil temp went down 15 degrees?

I'm not calling you a liar but uhhhhhh.....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
Mid July, 95 deg outside, towing 10k daily. My old oil would go above 212 daily, now it doesn't get higher than low 190s in the same situation. Same truck, same load, same weather etc. I told jim and my local rep this info and they said lower oil temps is normal even that much. Plus all the other benefits, I'm a believer now.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Oil temp went down 15 degrees?

I'm not calling you a liar but uhhhhhh.....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

This...

Using oil flushes can run certain risks, just like trans flushes. But when a customer insists, we use BG Compression Restorer. In my opinion it works great when you have a moderately clean motor. But would tread carefully if you have a sludged motor

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Mid July, 95 deg outside, towing 10k daily. My old oil would go above 212 daily, now it doesn't get higher than low 190s in the same situation. Same truck, same load, same weather etc. I told jim and my local rep this info and they said lower oil temps is normal even that much. Plus all the other benefits, I'm a believer now.

Could have a failing tstat. I see it alot, truck never gets to op temp and therefore oil temp is lower. 7/10 6.0s run cold.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Everything was brand new on my truck. Mine was a 7.3 but anyways. New thermostat and new everything. Engine was pulled and resealed and every part replaced including t stat and coolant and oil cooler. Was running delo and now le. I'm not saying one is better or worse than others. Just stating my results. Carry on

rodeo302

Reaction score
I run amsoil is all I have ran but I have 6000 miles on the oil and it's still clean.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Try our 8854, ill throw in a free analysis kit to take a look at your engines health. 6.0s have a lot of ways to jack up your oil. Shear and fuel dilution are the most common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online