Ok guys, I need 6.4 delete info for my boss...

seeyalater5.9

Reaction score
I KNOW you guys hate seeing redundant threads like this but I'm clueless to the 6.4 world so just bear with me :swordfight:

Here's the deal. My boss has a 08 6.4 f350 dually with the 6spd. He's tired of the lack luster 8mpg and I got to talking to him about doing a dpf delete with a tune. Thing is,that's about all the info I could give him as I don't know much other than that.

What is the most cost effective way to delete these trucks?

A little background info on the truck...
Roughly 100k miles
He is a custom farmer so this things tows...heavy...alot, anything from a load of round bales to tractors to other equipment...I'd say upwards of 20k is common.

The last thing he wants is some hot rod where he has to constantly keep tabs on things as he's towing...if that's the case, he'll blow it LOL

He needs something simple, we can plug in and forget about it no matter the case, so I'm thinking a small tow tune or the likes would be best? Something that won't blow the motor after 5k miles (ill never hear the end of it)

Right now he's avg ~9mpg, what should he expect after a delete?

Any other helpful info you can clue me in on I can relay to him would be great!

All in all, he wants COST EFFECTIVE, SIMPLE, RELIABLE, and SAFE.

thanks fellas :toast:

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Any of your basic delete packages will do. I think all the tuners offer stock delete files so he can rest easy Bout not turning up. But they always come with tunes so the option is there to turn up the wick.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hands down to go talk to Matt. He is awesome with these trucks and can set you up right for sure.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Also, I don't know what is really available now for new deletes. I know something is out there but not sure what.

seeyalater5.9

Reaction score
Any of your basic delete packages will do. I think all the tuners offer stock delete files so he can rest easy Bout not turning up. But they always come with tunes so the option is there to turn up the wick.

So you can run stock tuning and just delete the dpf and such? That's probably the safest option but if I'm going through the trouble a little 80hp or so tow tune would be nice with those bigger loads I'd say.

Being only a short drive from Matt I'm really leaning his way..guess ill send him a PM and see what he recommends

HD F250

Reaction score
Go with Gearhead and I am sure he has everything you need. You will need a tuner and mild tune when removing DPF. Stop the regen and cure codes and check engine lights.

Matt

Reaction score
When I did the deletes on my regular cab, I didn't see nearly the gain that some claim. Maybe 1-2 mpg.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I have also seen someone is offering simulators/emulators for the 6.4's. I think that tuning is the preferred option as many parameters are optimized over factory, however I just thought I would through it out there for someone that may not want to mess with a Tuner.

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.