Opinions on setting the bar higher on my 05

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Ok so I have a studded 6.0 with a pmax and billet wheel. Built trans and that's about it.

He is my quandary, I want moar air.

I have a few thousand that I will spend but I am torn on turbos. Sadly I seem to have an opinion on what every other 6.0 needs but my own.

I tow a 12K trailer but mainly like to hot rod. I have a barders 68 in my sights but don't really know how it would tow with 195/100's.

Also I have toyed with a compound set up but don't really know what way to go.

Questions.

Will reg arp studs be ok? That's what I have.

Will the 68 push too much boost?

Towing with the 68?

Compounds are a choice but what sizes and where to go for a complete set up. And will boost be an issue?

So you think a AD165 with a sump and stock fuel pump feeding it from the sump would work? I have the AD but it's not installed so that is why I am asking.

Am I missing something? I bought the pmax and it's been good but it's a 500hp turbo on my truck. @ 5-6000 feet. Obviously I want more. Like 650hp but a streetable set up.

Sorry for the long post but the more brains I pick the better my choices. Thanks PSA.

ford rules

Reaction score
I would say at your elevation I'd be looking at compounds and big oil to make 650.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
The thumper I is in the equation somewhere. May go bigger injectors down the road. And a RR sooner than later.
Plus this elevation won't be permanent. I hope...

slc dzl

Reaction score
I got some time with a 68mm and 205s at our altitude, I was able to tow in street files while keeping oil, coolant and egts in check.
Was it ideal? no. Just had to learn to drive the truck with that setup.
If I feel under the turbo @65 it would black out the road but I would have worked to have the tuning adjusted I think it would have been fine.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
The only time I will tow is to take the 24 foot to my next place of employment after school. How was it streetwise? Smokey? Laggy?

slc dzl

Reaction score
Lag wasn't bad at all, it hazed with the 100% nozzles and smoke was moderate but once the turbo went full song it clean up.
I got a video somewhere of a wot run ill see if I can find it.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Ported intake manifold and maybe some exhaust manifolds as well. Add in some bellowed up-pipes and see how it runs. You might be surprised how nice a Pmax w/single plane flows when breathing properly.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
The intake manifold is more like a Play-Doh machine. I have heard the OEM exhaust manifolds aren't to shabby. For the goal you seek feeding the turbine side is going to be key that's why I suggested to look at the BD exhaust manifolds.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Ok so I have made my mind up mostly. I went with the barder 68, absolute's mani/delta kit and coolant filter, S&B intake horn and cold side pipe. I will be sticking with the stock exhaust manis' for now. I also will be going with OUO trac bars in the very near future.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.