Ouo rear universal bottom mount trac bar install

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Hey guys started installing my trac bars and have a question about the rear mounts. Yall know how the lift blocks and spring aren't perfectly perpendicular with the axle. Well in the picture on the instructions I put the bottom mount perpendicular with the axle and it doesn't look right. It's got my u bolts in an awkward position. Will post pics if no one knows what I'm talking about

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Put the rear mount at the same angle the blocks are at so it doesn't bind the U bolts. It doesn't need to be perpendicular with the ground and axle.

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Well at first I was gonna go in like with my u bolts so they wouldn't be in a bind but when I flipped the instruction sheet over it had a pic with some being parallel with the ground so I installed them that way and it didn't seem right so that's why I'm asking.

Bigharm27

Reaction score
I guess even people like me can mess up a simple install lol

Attachments

• 20160627_121401.jpg
    20160627_121401.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 170

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Ok. Here's my list of questions.

Whose lift blocks are those?

How tall are the blocks?

If you look at the vehicle, side profiled, does the axle appeared centered in the wheel well?

Do the blocks have any sort of taper to them for pinion angle?

-----------------

They wont be perfectly up and down for the record, so nothing to worry about there. The factory rear driveline has a slight angle if you look at it.

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Icon. 5 inch blocks. No the wheel is not centered. And am not sure what angle taper they are. I'm pretty sure WHY NOT understands what I'm talking about

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yup I get what your saying, Just move it so the U bolts aren't in a bind, then instal the bars. Put the OUO pice on at the same angle that the factory bottom mount came off

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Icon. 5 inch blocks. No the wheel is not centered. And am not sure what angle taper they are. I'm pretty sure WHY NOT understands what I'm talking about

I despise the icon blocks. They always have the axle out of center and there is no taper. This slightly affects driveline angle, even the factory F250 1 7/8 block is tapered.

I would suggest putting in out of our Adjustable Blocks to center the axle and get everything spot on.

Otherwise, get things as close as you can and tighten it all up

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Yea Mike @ no limit told me if I went with the block style that I could center it but it was just a little more than I wanted to spend on bars. Thanks for all the help guys

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Yea Mike @ no limit told me if I went with the block style that I could center it but it was just a little more than I wanted to spend on bars. Thanks for all the help guys

We actually sell just a lift block as well. 2.5" with the same uni pin centering system as our traction blocks.

Can easily be added to fix the other issues

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.