P1260 DTC - theft detected - vehicle disabled

Fosterchild23

Reaction score
Vancouver Island B.C. / Grande Prairie, Alberta
All I have to say is wtf?! This code came up after my 08 decided it was going to turn it's self off. Now it doesn't start everytime, and the little security icon keeps flashing on my dash, and the engine won't turn at all, as if I have a completely dead battery (both batteries tested good) When it does start it wants to shut it's self off again. I've been letting it idle but the battery light keeps flashing and the engine keeps cutting out but a few times it's almost as if the engine is fighting against its self to keep runnig. It revs up as soon as my battery light comes on and it tries to cut power. I've tried disconnecting the batteries, cleaning my battery posts. Checked 6 or 7 fuses and taken apart and inspected the 3 main connections on the wiring harness. I'm out of ideas!

08Monster

Reaction score
That happened to my brothers ecoboost too. Wouldn't start, tried jumping it, nothing. Called the dealer and they told him how to reset the anti theft and it fired right up. I'd call the dealer

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Sounds like the alternator's gone for a ****. Check charging system and batteries, make sure all is good there. Also check battery connections.

Fosterchild23

Reaction score
Vancouver Island B.C. / Grande Prairie, Alberta
The alternator and batteries tested good. I'm almost positive there's corroded wiring in the harness where it ties into the power distribution box. I briefly fixed it by jamming a piece of cardboard between the wire harness and the fender where it was rubbing but I'm dead in the water again

powerlifter405

Reaction score
The alternator and batteries tested good. I'm almost positive there's corroded wiring in the harness where it ties into the power distribution box. I briefly fixed it by jamming a piece of cardboard between the wire harness and the fender where it was rubbing but I'm dead in the water again

Disconnect your batteries, turn your lights on and walk away for several hours.

I had that happen when I was swapping in a factory radio. There was no video, key sequence or anything else that worked.

I did the above, and 4 hours later I reconnected everything and it fired up. Dash light gone.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.