P2074 code help

Txfiremn

Reaction score
I've been getting a p2074 code in my truck. I have a 2013 F250 Platinum 4x4, completely stock. I can clear the code and drive around town just fine. As soon as I start my hour drive to work, it's rolling hills, the code comes back. I've searched and haven't founds a solution to this. Can anyone help? Thanks.

P2074 - P2074 Ford - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Air Flow - Throttle Position Correlation at Higher Load

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Air filter dirty? This typically sets when maf flow is less than desired.

Ive seen egr valves cause this too. Or possibly a plugged egr cooler.

Reaction score
I've been getting a p2074 code in my truck. I have a 2013 F250 Platinum 4x4, completely stock. I can clear the code and drive around town just fine. As soon as I start my hour drive to work, it's rolling hills, the code comes back. I've searched and haven't founds a solution to this. Can anyone help? Thanks.

P2074 - P2074 Ford - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Air Flow - Throttle Position Correlation at Higher Load

What tunes are you running. I've ran Innov ative and now have gear head and have the same codes, p2073 & p2074. I am in need of a all to Mike to try and figure this out. Thought the gear head tunes would make it disappear but it's still popping up. I'll let you know what I come up with when I get ahold of him.

TexAg56

Reaction score
Sunsetfarms - i had that code as well with Ghead on my 2016. Mike sent me updated tunes and the problem seems to be fixed. No codes for over 2k miles.

Txfiremn

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. My air filter is new, but is there a specific brand I should run?

As far as tunes, I'm bone stock motor wise.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Motorcraft filters. Seen too many napa and other junk not flow enough brand new, to the point they were pulling the filter minder down. As for anything aftermarket hi flow wise, be very light with any oil you put on it...

Txfiremn

Reaction score
Motorcraft filters. Seen too many napa and other junk not flow enough brand new, to the point they were pulling the filter minder down. As for anything aftermarket hi flow wise, be very light with any oil you put on it...

I'll check into this. I don't think what I have is Motorcraft. Could a bad filter cause the code?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive seen it a few times. It was pretty cmmon on 6.4s and 6.0 vans. Its just where i would start as its cheap and easy...

jwanck11

Reaction score
I am not sure this is it. Mine set that code on cruise control on flat ground. Tuners have seemingly found a way to turn the code off.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
As he said though, truck is stock.

Good luck. Hope something stupid and cheap fixes it. :D

Reaction score
E7D94BD9-3E65-445A-9C4E-8EB4019E7859_zpsoeao1j1i.jpg

Retuning now with updates from Mike. Hopefully they work.

TexAg56

Reaction score
They will work. Give your truck a good while to fully relearn. When i forst got my new tunes I thought the truck ram kimda crappy. Now its running great. Actually took a few days to fully relearn

Reaction score
Well I've been driving in GH tunes for 2 weeks now and drove the truck around today after getting the updated files loaded up. Drove into town and checked codes and still have the p2073&p2074 on the code screen but NO CEL.....yet.

Reaction score
Drove be truck today. Everything is fine and no codes and no cel. Dropped the wife off at pharmacy and went and parked and idled for 5 min. Looked down and I have the cel on and the 2073 & 2074 codes are back.

Am I loading these tunes completely wrong or what? I have the updated files loaded from Mike and I first loaded the the truck back to stock and then loaded the new updated street file from Mike.

Am I not supposed to be returning the truck back to stock before I load the tune back to the truck?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Drove be truck today. Everything is fine and no codes and no cel. Dropped the wife off at pharmacy and went and parked and idled for 5 min. Looked down and I have the cel on and the 2073 & 2074 codes are back.

Am I loading these tunes completely wrong or what? I have the updated files loaded from Mike and I first loaded the the truck back to stock and then loaded the new updated street file from Mike.

Am I not supposed to be returning the truck back to stock before I load the tune back to the truck?

:doh::doh:was hoping to read that they finally went away.

jwanck11

Reaction score
There are 2 threads going in this one thread!

Hope the OP (stock) got rid of the codes.

SunsetFarms - you should not be getting the code with the geerhead update. I'd call Mike tomorrow.

Txfiremn

Reaction score
There are 2 threads going in this one thread!

Hope the OP (stock) got rid of the codes.

SunsetFarms - you should not be getting the code with the geerhead update. I'd call Mike tomorrow.

Hahaha! It's no big deal, hopefully it helps everyone. I'm the stock guy. So far, I have bought a new Motorcraft air filter as suggested and cleaned my MAF sensor. Ive driven it for a few days and taken it on a 3 hour highway trip and the code hasn't came back yet. I will most definitely update if it comes back.

Latest posts

Members online