P2263 after 73 Atmo & 59 vct turbo upgrade

1FastGambler

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just upgraded to an Elite trans, DPC converter, AFE intercooler, RCD 73 mm atmo & 59mm VCT turbos, & No Limit CAI.

I keep getting P2263 code and CEL.

Watching the dashdaq I'm seeing between 20 and 40 psi variance between boost pressure and exhaust back pressure.

So, It appears that this code is popping up due to the max variance.

The 73mm was installed first and ran for a couple days prior to installing the 59 mm VCT. While just the VCT was installed the spool up was slow and I noticed the boost gauge would climb slower than with stock turbos.

I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the new RCD 73mm or what to look for to resolve this issue.

Where should I start looking?

I've checked for boost leaks - none.

I'll run it again and get a log and see what the data actually shows later today or tomorrow.

sootie

Reaction score
Have you had your tunes adjusted for the 59mm turbo? If not, do that first. That is why the spool is so slow.

If the cel returns, change the ebp sensor and tube.

1FastGambler

Reaction score
I did get one new test tune from Mick, but that was before I added the 59. He only knew about the Trans and LP turbo.

1FastGambler

Reaction score
Here's some additional info... When I opened the box on the new 72 atmo I checked end play & it was good, zero movement. I then turned the vanes with my finger and noticed it was a lot harder to turn than I thought it should be. I have zero experience with a turbo in my hands so "harder than I thought it should be", is relative. It's not hard to turn per se, and it is smooth.

If I try to spin it by flicking a quarter turn with a finger, it will only make about a 1/2 revolution.

Is this normal?
Could this be causing the slow spool and big pressure variance?

Also, who writes custom tunes for Dash daq? I got an email back that SPar<>tan can't help me with this.

sootie

Reaction score
no. that would be normal if the turbo had no oil in it yet. Your slow spool is directly related to the high pressure turbo-nothing to do with the atmo. If sparta n won't modify the tune, i would switch to H&S so you have the availability of trying tunes from multiple vendors or tuning yourself. Gear head is my personal favourite for six four tunes. Low smoke, cool temps, big power and AWESOME drivability.

1FastGambler

Reaction score
Mike at NL hooked me up with an SCTx4 and gear head tunes.
Problems solved with CEL & P2263 codes.

Gear head tow tune is pretty weak off idle. other than that it's smooth.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Mike at NL hooked me up with an SCTx4 and gear head tunes.
Problems solved with CEL & P2263 codes.

Gear head tow tune is pretty weak off idle. other than that it's smooth.

The tow tune is a dog with upgraded chargers. Run the street tune for everything at a minimum. Towing it actually ran hotter than with the street or high tune.

sootie

Reaction score
The tow tune is a dog with upgraded chargers. Run the street tune for everything at a minimum. Towing it actually ran hotter than with the street or high tune.

truth. i actually ran the race tune and just was careful with my foot. ran cool with gobs of power...was a towing monster-just a little tough on the drivetrain if you werent careful.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
truth. i actually ran the race tune and just was careful with my foot. ran cool with gobs of power...was a towing monster-just a little tough on the drivetrain if you werent careful.

Yes it was a beast towing. It was actually amazing. But yes, the trans didn't like it too much after a while.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
P2263 after 73 Atmo &amp; 59 vct turbo upgrade

Yep. More air you need more fuel.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

Latest posts

Members online