P2610 dtc should I be concerned

Hilldallon

Reaction score
I have a 6.4 that recently had an alternator die(not sure if it was related or not) but it was smoking and defiantly burnt up. So I ended up replacing it and the other day I was driving and i notice the H&s tuner won't communicate with my truck. so I decided to drive it anyways then I get 2-3 miles down the road it's running rough and I pull over cus it wasn't going over 40 and it wouldn't accelerate. I stopped and shut it down then I called my buddy to see what he thought and he said to pull any codes and delte them I tried but the tuner couldn't connect so I left it there until he brought his das daq and he delted them and it ran great again there was a pretty comunication dtc and pcm internal timer or something like that p2610 was the second code can't remember the first and the second one keeps coming back even after I took it to a shop. They tried to reflag my pcm but said it wouldn't let them. And I keep getting this dtc should I just keep ******** it or could something else be wrong?

My09Ride

Reaction score
My book says..... Indicates an error in the internal PCM engine off timer processor

Battery cables loose or intermittent connection
Keep alive power circuit to PCM concern
Engine coolant temperature ECT sensor
Engine cooling system concerns

Best I can do?

Hilldallon

Reaction score
Wouldn't I get another code for coolant temps sensor or cooling issues and wouldn't i notice it on my gauges? ... I'm more worried there is something wrong with my pcm.

faulk222

Reaction score
just finished battling the same code make sure the pcm has battery voltage on pin 46 with the key off mine seemed to loose the transmission learning every time it was shutdown also

the wire can get bad going by the right fender if i can figure how to upload a pic i will of the pinout

faulk222

Reaction score
1473939272387868520825_zpskwcqkgg1.jpg

Latest posts

Members online