P2623 ipr intermittent hot turn off

046.ohBills

Reaction score
Driving to Oregon with my truck roughly 260 miles in and my truck quits. Loses fuel and gas pedal. P2623 IP open circuit. Let it cool down drive it 200 hundred yards and it shots off again. Get it towed to imbler Oregon and I have everything torn out to get to the icp and the ipr feels loose if it's the thing sticking out next to the icp. Does anyone have any ideas? Truck runs and drives so far when cold.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive seen this a couple times, it is typically the ipr. The solenoid on the ipr turns separate of the valve itself, and the connection where it lugs in wiggles some in the tin housing. Just double check and make sure the wires are not chafed right at the pigtail.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Solenoid wiggling is normal. Chanc e s are it is electrically going open internally, change it out and you should be good.

046.ohBills

Reaction score
Thanks I'm going to change it and the icp sensor while I'm in there because it's been a year. Now only to find a ipr socket on Sunday in LA grande Oregon so I can get back to mountain home air force base for work Monday

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Good luck man. Maybe one of the parts stores will have one for rental? Just a shot in the dark therethough.

046.ohBills

Reaction score
Well I got the ipr out and it had 4 small shavings on the screen. It also wiggled very freely from the post. Also changed the the icp sensor and then drove it back 200 miles and didn't act up. Thanks for the advice 6.0 Tech

Latest posts

Members online