Painted to match Keyless Entry Keypad

truckman1974

Reaction score
Has anyone had their keyless entry keypad case/cover painted to match the truck? If so, where did you get it done? Or maybe you know somewhere that sells them already painted?

I'd like to have one painted to match the ingot silver. Is this thing hard to get off and change?

Attachments

• door keyless keypad.jpg
    door keyless keypad.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 77

truckman1974

Reaction score
I'm sure any good body shop would do it.

Yea, you're probably right. However, I'm in West Africa...there's no such thing here...lol. I'd like to just be able to order one and have it sitting at home waiting for me to install when I return.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I think you have to take the inner door panel off to get it out.... Not positive though. If I were you, If you can ,call a local body shop and put the order in. Maybe buy the parts off eBay or something so the body shop doesn't hit you with a huge price on ordering oem parts, give them your vin and you should be good to go. Maybe a member on here that owns or works at a body shop could do it for you

truckman1974

Reaction score
I think you have to take the inner door panel off to get it out.... Not positive though. If I were you, If you can ,call a local body shop and put the order in. Maybe buy the parts off eBay or something so the body shop doesn't hit you with a huge price on ordering oem parts, give them your vin and you should be good to go. Maybe a member on here that owns or works at a body shop could do it for you

It'd be great if someone on here had or worked at a body shop and could do it. I could do the leg work and find the part and then let them buy it and I reimburse them or how ever works best. If not, I can probably wait till I get back home, it'd just be easier to do it now and have it sitting there waiting for me when I got back home.

Last edited:

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
In the past when the truck is ordered to include the door key pad it's hard wired into the system. There is a small hole in the door skin and a connector to the harness inside the door. I'm not sure how the pad could be disassembled but don't think it's rocket science.

I have seen the "add on" door pads that are stick-on types sold thru Ford.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Yea, I could definitely figure out how to remove and reinstall it. Anybody out there that works at a body shop wanna paint this to match for me? If so, how much would it cost? Can't be that much to prep and paint it. Probably cost more to buy the new part than to paint it....

truckman1974

Reaction score
Mine is done. Jason at Gardner Racing did mine.

How do I contact him? I'm currently deployed to West Africa but would be happy to either purchase the part and have it shipped to him or just pay him for the whole thing. Any suggestions?

It does look good on your truck for sure (along with everything else....nice ride!).

Thanks!

eng53ine

Reaction score
G-Racing in the sponsor section

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637, IH bellowed up pipes, RiffRaff billet wheel.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
How do I contact him? I'm currently deployed to West Africa but would be happy to either purchase the part and have it shipped to him or just pay him for the whole thing. Any suggestions?

It does look good on your truck for sure (along with everything else....nice ride!).

Thanks!

Thanks man!

He's a sponsor here. Just PM him. Username G Racing.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

Thanks!

Inside of his bed looks horrible aluminum and urine.

truckman1974

Reaction score
I have been in contact with Brent at Custom Truck Solutions and we are trying to figure out if the guts (the actual buttons and insides) of the keypad pop right out leaving just the front cover piece exposed? Anyone know the answer to this? He said if it's as easy as popping the insides out then he could paint it up for sure.

I also sent a message to Sunrise Ford asking them for a forum price on the part (looks like it's about $45 or so on ebay) but maybe the forum price is equal to or less.

As I work through this process I will let you know.

On a side note, G Racing did email me and say he could do it but was out of town. I have replied back to him a couple times but he may not be near a computer. Either way, I will keep you informed in case anyone else is interested in having their keypads painted to match as well...

Latest posts

Members online